cfx
Great Teacher
In light of still considering buying the Arrow A Chinese Ghost Story set, I watched the second film via the Shoutfactory TV website yesterday. I know it is generally rated below the first one, but I liked it more, though after thinking about that, it could be because I knew more of what to expect this time. I was surprised to notice it's rated BBFC 12, while the first one is BBFC 15, especially due to (probably minor spoilers...) the gory bits, which I don't remember anything like in the first film. I was caught off guard by this when near the beginning there are those cannibal bandits, where I felt like they just did this for shock value as I didn't think it really contributed anything to the film. I don't like gore at all though so that's maybe my bias showing. That aspect made this film borderline for something I'd watch again, but as it's all just briefly shown when it happens, and isn't particularly realistic looking, it wasn't too much of a turn off for me.
As I noticed one review mentioned the third film has some of that stuff too, I watched the very beginning of it as well to see, but it's played so comedically there it didn't bother me at all..
I'm leaning towards ordering the Arrow set now.
As I noticed one review mentioned the third film has some of that stuff too, I watched the very beginning of it as well to see, but it's played so comedically there it didn't bother me at all..
I'm leaning towards ordering the Arrow set now.

