Asian Cinema Thread

NormanicGrav

Ni-pa!~
AUKN Staff
The Young Master also now has a revised releases date of January 25th.
Yeah I saw the new date on other retailers but only just saw that Amazon did the same.

On a different note, I had a look at the censorship for Snake in the Eagle's Shadow and basically 45 seconds were cut due to a battle between a cat and a snake (the cat won it seems as Jackie pats it afterwards).

EDIT: There's a YouTube video of the scene for those interested (cat is a ninja from what I can gather).

Last edited:

NormanicGrav

Ni-pa!~
AUKN Staff

Limited Edition packaging of Jackie Chan's The Young Master, featuring 3 different cuts of the film - the original Hong Kong cut, the International cut and the Extended cut. The packaging is a rigid slipcase with KUNG FU BOB's artwork, an 80-page book, double-sided foldout poster, and 6 replica lobby cards.

NormanicGrav

Ni-pa!~
AUKN Staff
I wanted to highlight a few decent deals on Amazon at the moment:
  • Akira Kurosawa Samurai Collection - £24.99 (more stock arriving 30th Nov, this is also the same price HMV had back in May)
  • Heroes Shed No Tears - £12.99
  • The Master - £12.99
  • Of Flesh and Blood: The Cinema of Hirokazu Kore-eda - £24.99
(Disclaimer: Amazon links are affiliated to help support me financially)

Stiivun

Stand User
Great to see the Lucky Stars being released. I'll try to cancel my order of the South Korean release I made May 8th and which still hasn't shipped. Seems shipping from South Korea is still an issue.

Jon O Fun

Thousand Master
Some may be thinking Van Damme isn't Asian! But these are directed by the great Ringo Lam & Tsui Hark!
Double Team is my most guilty of pleasures and one I'll put money on not having aged well but will definitely buy it!!
1997 Double Team.jpg1996 Maximum Risk.jpg