Are you turning into a Manga/Anime character?

Hello everyone!

Ever since Expo, I've realised that I am slowly turning into a manga character (Ritsuka from Loveless) Without really realising it, I'd started to wear the same type of clothes as him and I'm spiking my hair just a little bit more than I normally would.

So I was wondering, what kind of effect is manga/anime having on your lives?

M.G xx

Well I do love to go out slaying hollows.... actually I seem to be using more and more anime/japanese phrases, earlier today I referred to a koala as being kawaii, my mates gave me a really strang look

McIcy said:
Well I do love to go out slaying hollows.... actually I seem to be using more and more anime/japanese phrases, earlier today I referred to a koala as being kawaii, my mates gave me a really strang look
From now on McIcy is Abarai Renji. 8D

I'm most likely... god, I have no idea who I am. I'd love to be Monkey D. Luffy. XD

Rukario said:
McIcy said:
From now on McIcy is Abarai Renji. 8D

That would be cool, I'd love to have his tattoos but as I hate pain it'll never happen.

Rukario said:
I'm most likely... god, I have no idea who I am. I'd love to be Monkey D. Luffy. XD

Then I shall do my best to keep an eye out for the 'Fruit of Gum Gum' (just writing it as I hear it on the credits, never seen the show) for you so you can achieve your goal

I originally started this thread to post something silly, but thinking about it, it's weird how manga can infiltrate your life. Every time I go for a haircut it always seems to be anime/manga based. So far this year (and I'm going to embarass myself - and everyone will realise just how much of a nerd I really am...) I've had the following haircuts:

Alex Rowe (Last Exile)
Yuki (Fruits Basket)
Akito (Fruits Basket) I know he's the baddie - but he has a cool haircut!
Currently Ritsuka (Loveless)
But I'm proably going back to Yuki in the new year - that was one cool haircut

M.g xx

I wish I could have an anime style hair cut but alas if my hair gets even slightly too long it becomes a perm and from there it grows into an afro. Would love to have a style like Squal from FFVIII or Ichigo from Bleach.

McIcy said:
I wish I could have an anime style hair cut but alas if my hair gets even slightly too long it becomes a perm and from there it grows into an afro.

Dude my hair is like that anyway!

Manga Girls said:
McIcy - LOL - Mind you, I only have anime hair when my hairdresser styles it, otherwise I spike it and end up looking like a Cyber Punk or a Visualist :)

M.g xx

Yep thats not far from my hair, I have it really short but as it grows it goes spikey and then one morning I'll wake up with a perm so its straight down the hairdressers to have it all removed again

Man I haven't been to the hairdresser in ages, my hair is pretty much like Uryu Ishida from bleach, really dark, straight and close to my head,, well thats how I try to style it atleast, lol

Its really wierd to imagine my hair growing like a perm when it gets long, I guess thats genetics for ya

Not sure I’ve yet found a character to aspire to, the fact that most of them are still teenagers maybe doesn’t help matters.
Besides which, my hair is a dead loss – damn those genetics!
Trim it short with the clippers and forget about it – so short of wearing a wig, I’m gonna fool no one.

Having said this I reckon I would look quite good in one of those Prussian style suits/uniforms you see a lot of the guys wearing.

If I had to choose a character I felt ‘some’ kinship with, it perhaps might be a cross between FMP’s Sousuke, even if he is a bit naively clueless at times – he means well, and FB’s Kyo (funnily enough voiced by the same Japanese actor).
Maybe I’m actually nothing like either, so I don’t know why I say those two :?

Jimi-Jam

But Kyo's cool, so that can't be a bad thing. I know I've mentioned this on my profile, but lots of people say I'm like Kyo, to which I am always alarmed and say, 'Whaaat...!*$!'

But I'm rather looking forward to my Yuki haircut in spring. I can then GHD my hair and spike it out in weird directions (which is always fun^^)

M.G xx

I would love a anime inspired hair cut, but i don't think i would be happy if my hair wasn't long, and i can't think of any anime characters with interesting long hairstyles, long seems to just long. Maybe i should just dye it pink and be like Sakura from Naruto.

I don't think i've been turning into a anime/manga character unfortunately, but i do call ever cute guy a bishie, and everything cute kawaii, and i just can't stop doing peace signs to everybody

Charter_Mage

Yes, doing peace signs has suddenly become addictive! Long haired manga girls, hmmm.....

How about Nana on the cover of Othello 1? If my hair was long, I would style it like that.

Or get a Gothic Lolita type fringe like that girl in Paradise Kiss.

Ah! How about the glamorous Rin from Fruits Basket...?

M.G xx

Back