AOTS (Anime of the Season) A:UK Edition

NoSurprises

Hunter
Hey all, finding new shows each season can be a bit of a chore and I'm always looking for recommendations so I don't have to wade through the seasonal swamp!

Idea is that folks post up their top pick of the season, and I'll collate them for as long as I'm around. This way I can sort of understand who's tastes align with mine, so if they end up selecting something different to me during a season I can check it out, as I'd probably enjoy it too.

Very loose rules; basically if the show/short/movie appears in the appropriate season on:
AniChart: Seasonal Anime Charts

Then it's eligible. You can add some justification if you'd like, but I'll just add your name below the show in the main post.

Makeine: Too Many Losing Heroines!
NoSurprises, Demelza

Oshi No Ko Season 2
Rui

Senpai is an Otokonoko

Shadow Cat

Terminator 0
Professor Irony

Last edited:
I'm going to cheat a little bit since I have the problem where AoTS is often influenced by the fact I'm already very familiar with the source material, so I'm going to pick two. One that I already liked from reading the manga / LN and one I've experienced for the first time through the anime.

New to me: Makeine: Too Many Losing Heroines.
Familiar with: Wistoria: Wand and Sword

There wasn’t much that appealed to me this season; the only thing that I stuck with all the way through was Terminator Zero, which I guess would make that my choice by default. I did enjoy it though; some unlikeable characters notwithstanding, I thought it did a good job of making me want to know what was going to happen next.

Some good picks! It was a wildly strong season for me; it was so hard to pick between dead dead demons, the elusive samurai and Oshi No Ko.

But having read the source for dead dead demons and having a bit of a feeling I know where Oshi No Ko was going, I just found myself gravitating towards wanting to know what happens next in Makeine before any of the others.

For Summer 2024, gonna have to go with Zom 100: Bucket List of the Dead.
Wait a second! What year is this!

Easy

Senpai is an Otokonoko

Its one of the few Anime (not including continued series) I've enjoyed watching recently

Its September and I've only completed 6 simulcast series so far this year... (Edit: last year I completed 26 simulcast series. So I'm down 3/4 so far this year 😹)

Not sure if I'm just burnt out or anime's getting kinda meh over the last year n a bit

Back