Anyone starting uni this year?

Espy said:
You go to Herriot Watt?

Tell them to write better scholar notes. Half my subjects use them and they're generally crap!

I'll get right on that, What course are you studying.

Arbalest said:
they weren't that good in computing when i was in high school, but they were ok. Heh, a friend of mine goes to herriot watt and he says its good, but he is bored now with it and its only his first year XD. i would probably be going to edinburgh uni instead of herriot watt.

I can't comment on the computer courses as i don't find any of interesting apart from building my own pc. But what i can say is that the construction courses will be hard to beat anywhere else, i've learnt alot and it's great fun for me. Some people just don't like uni, two of my friends who have 4 advanced highers each went onto first year and became full blown bums and alcoholics.

First year really means bugger all and is a gross generalisation to your course, i would atleast wait until second year as thats when it gets into the nitty gritty stuff. But if your friends bored of his first year i would go see my mentor if i was him.

Back