Anyone picked up Darksiders yet?

Nemphtis

Hunter
Got this and Bayonetta yesterday. Since my main PC has been down for months, I had not heard a single word about this game before, so I took advantage of that fact and decided to go into it without knowing what type of game it was or what it was about, I just knew it was getting good reviews.

I've played it briefly last night and the visuals are so-so. The story looks promising but I'm not too far into it yet. Gameplay-wise it's very similar to titles like God of War, but the combat was a bit dull since my moves are limited. You can however buy new moves and weapons, I bought a Scythe just before I went to bed so I imagine these will keep the combat entertaining.

My brother got Darksiders the other day, he has been playing it quite a bit. I was playing it for a while earlier and I do agree it's god of war like, but I always like the Devil May Cry style games.

There are a few weapons in the game from what I've got myself and what I've seen my brother using, as he is a lot further infront.
But with all the random trash you have to smash through then these weapons seem to be just ways to keep the game interesting.

I'm finding the storyline interesting, which makes me want to play through it more than the majority of the pointless grinding games that seem to come out a lot.

The only thing I'd say isn't great about this game is the boss fights, be it I am playing it on normal and not hard. But they're too easy. I play through the game killing random things for ages and then get to sub-bosses which are weak and then I get to a main one which isn't much harder. I was thinking of starting again on hard and seeing if it's any better, but so far, there isn't much challenge, but that could change later on.

All in all, I'm finding the game quite interesting.

I like the whole Apocalypse theme and you playing as War so I think I'll pick it up when the price drops alittle

I thought it looked cool, until I saw some of the damning reviews for it. Now whenever I look at the game, I think of kratos, link, and the portal gun being thown mercilessly into a blender.

I traded this game in before finishing it due to the high volume of better titles in the genre coming out around the same time. You know, good **** like Bayonetta. The story intrigued me but the actual combat wasn't advancing fast enough to keep me entertained.

Back