Anyone NOT go to the Expos?

xxXXmoomooXXxx

School Idol
I've seen noticed that everyone's happy back from the expo, but what about the people who didn't go? I wasn't able to go because I was moving T_T

I wasn't able to go as:
1) I need to save money for summer rent (going to be in second year of uni after the summer)
2) I'd get lost on the train by myself, yet alone being in London solo :lol:

I wasn't able to go because it would cost a fortune to get down to London :p.

Maybe I will go when I'm older and have a job so I will have more cash! ;D

Truered said:
I wasn't able to go as:
1) I need to save money for summer rent (going to be in second year of uni after the summer)
2) I'd get lost on the train by myself, yet alone being in London solo :lol:

Don't worry, so would I ^^' But I got driven by my showfer/Mum to the October one

I didn't go as its too far away to be able to go for the one day and a bit expensive to go for the whole weekend. I will be keeping my visits to London expo's to one a year at most. I will be going to the Midlands one though (as its not very far at all)

Well, I didn't go because:
1: I live far too far away unless I'm really determined to go.
2: I'm strapped for cash atm.
3: Social life was hecktic... and annoying at times.

Got stuck working this weekend so couldn't go to the london expo this time but will be making a Pilgramige up to the Midlands expo as its only a 100miles away from me

McIcy said:
Got stuck working this weekend so couldn't go to the london expo this time but will be making a Pilgramige up to the Midlands expo as its only a 100miles away from me

They are only doing one and a one day at that, its a shame really but I suppose its hard getting the stars to the midlands rather than London.

I didn't even know there was one until people came back talking about what they bought.

I wouldn't have gone anyway. Besides the fact it was much too far away, it really just doesn't interest me.

i usually go but last year was dissapointing so there was doubts me going this year.
also i am saving to get a ps3 & mgs4.
as most of you may have noticed i am selling lots of stuff on the AUKN Marketplace :)

I was there last year in May, but i haven't had the chance since then to get there, what with uni taking up about 75% of my time. mind you, i did plan to head down there for it, the only problem was it would be for one day full day(head down on friday, go on saturday, back on sunday) and that would cost around £116 just for the train. I've live up here in edinburgh so its one reason the prices where so high =/

I may go to the next big expo just to give expos another real chance. My first experience was rather... grim at the Bristol expo last year. It was just like a big marketplace with people almost forcing themselves upon you to buy stuff, few events and it was absolutely wazzing it down outside. I was not happy.

I didn't go because... I don't particularly ever want to. Attending an Anime Expo would probably cut the last thread my credibility dangles from.

Sy said:
I may go to the next big expo just to give expos another real chance. My first experience was rather... grim at the Bristol expo last year. It was just like a big marketplace with people almost forcing themselves upon you to buy stuff, few events and it was absolutely wazzing it down outside. I was not happy.

The bristol one isn't really an Expo, its more of a sales room, the London one it a lot different, what you really want is to go to a con like Minami as then you get to see lots of new anime as well has play video games and shop for stuff

McIcy said:
The bristol one isn't really an Expo, its more of a sales room, the London one it a lot different, what you really want is to go to a con like Minami as then you get to see lots of new anime as well has play video games and shop for stuff
That's the kind of thing I was expecting but it was just a dark gloomy warehouse. I'll really have to check out the next London expo, it looks a lot more lively and like there's more to do.

Back