Any recommendations for series without miserable endings?

I'd suggest Azumanga Daioh. It's pretty whimsical and easygoing throughout, with a lighthearted look at school life. Plus it's really funny and has some of the most likeable characters you'll ever meet.

Full Metal Panic? FUMOFFU is, like Azu Manga Daioh I suppose, funny throughout. I'm not into slapstick but it made me laugh every time!

i wouuld suggest FMP! and FUMOFFU but from what i gather tasker, you've seen it. Azumanga is one i would suggest.

You know what, it wasn't until i read this thread that I actually went to check out my anime collection and realised that aside from Fruits Basket, everything has a sad ending. Never noticed that.

But I will second Fruits Basket. It always gives me a warm fuzzy feeling!

Well looks like I have a few more ideas for my next pay packet. :D

pomtry said:
How can people not like a sad anime I love them :D

For me it's called suffering from depression and very occasionaly wanting to kill yourself afterwards. :? ( Although i'm getting better. :D ) So why take the chance. :wink:

Oh that was a bit miserable, someone tell a joke quick... Oh I know...

How do you get Pikachu on the bus? Poke 'im on. :D

Tasker said:
Well looks like I have a few more ideas for my next pay packet. :D

pomtry said:
How can people not like a sad anime I love them :D

For me it's called suffering from depression and very occasionaly wanting to kill yourself afterwards. :? ( Although i'm getting better. :D ) So why take the chance. :wink:

Oh that was a bit miserable, someone tell a joke quick... Oh I know...

How do you get Pikachu on the bus? Poke 'im on. :D

For some strange reason that joke actualy made me laugh but sad endings may make you feel depressed but all that happy ever after stuff kind of make me more depressed because of the fact its so predictible.

adamcube said:
hopeful_monster said:
Amen, brother (or sister). Know the feeling all too well. There was even a term for it 'Gainax ending'(an ending which has an entirely different mood to the rest of the series).
Looking round my collection, Dia Guard, Macross (saga and plus), Last Exile, Generator Gawl, Heat Guy J, Rahxephon, Infinite Ryvius, Armatige 3, El Hazard, Scrapped Princess and Zero Louise to name a few.

Here here! Try Zero no Tsukaima (monster called it Zero Louise). I just finished it the other day and all I can say was that it was wonderfully uplifting and really quite funny.

I'm just so happy that they've announced a second series ^^.

I'll vote Zero no Tsukaima, loved that series! and theres a second season in the works for this summer aswell.

I thought Shakugan no Shana had a great ending and the series was just as good (I can't wait till October for the second season). I know Scrapped Princess has been said but that is another must watch anime for anyone and again the ending was great. Last Exile is another good anime but the ending may not be for everyone but I thought it was a good ending.

The thing that makes me depressed is that they all have these happy little lives where theres always something fun and exciting going on. Then i turn to look at my life and all i got is college, work and sleeping... lol

Back