Any feedback on the progress of the site?

Paul

Ghost of Animes
Administrator
Anime UK News has been open now since late-January. Doesn't seem that long compared to a few of the other UK websites, but I'm really chuffed at how the website has progressed so far.

If you have any comments on the progress of the site, good or bad - please do let me know, I'm always willing to here what you think!

This site is great! A really mature look at anime with constant news updates and links to great articles- the reviews are pretty spot on too! I think it's these sort of sites that are considerably improving the anime scene in the UK. I'm pretty new to it all but I remeber the old 90s releases by Manga. I just thought anime was awful! Then I watched a Miyazaki film...

Thanks for the comments SiD. I was pretty much like you too, initially discovering anime through the Manga Ent. releases in the mid-90s-- but only had my mind blown away by anime when I discovered the likes of Princess Mononoke. Hope to see you around.

I agree. The site is top-notch.

If I hadn't have been pointed in the right direction I'd never have found this forum, which is a very good one, as it isn't plagued with *expletive*.

:wink: :D

Hovis! said:
as it isn't plagued with *expletive*.

:wink: :D

I 100% agree with that. I was getting sick and tired of all the forums with more bad language than anime chat and even feel a little awkward here when I feel like adding a damn or bloody :oops:

The expression big isn't always better applies so well to this forum and personal opinions and views aren't considered a crime here :D

Certainly my favourite anime site , the layout of the main page is wonderfully clear, and with regular news/review updates its a great resource for the growing UK anime fanbase.

The forums ( although ive only been posting a short time , ive been trolling them for a while ) , are great aswell , not the huge spates of swearing and generally idiotic behaviour you get on some anime forums. I mean most people do enjoy a good debate , but its wonderful to see a forum where debates dont descend into slagging matches. Thats one of the main reasons I signed up for this forum as its so freindly , I troll so many messageboards but never have signed up for one before now.

So , although my post was basically a recap of what others have said above :) ! Keep up the good work!

MangaMinX said:
Certainly my favourite anime site , the layout of the main page is wonderfully clear, and with regular news/review updates its a great resource for the growing UK anime fanbase.

The forums ( although ive only been posting a short time , ive been trolling them for a while ) , are great aswell , not the huge spates of swearing and generally idiotic behaviour you get on some anime forums. I mean most people do enjoy a good debate , but its wonderful to see a forum where debates dont descend into slagging matches. Thats one of the main reasons I signed up for this forum as its so freindly , I troll so many messageboards but never have signed up for one before now.

So , although my post was basically a recap of what others have said above :) ! Keep up the good work!

I'm sure the management love hearing praise. That's why I'm going to repeat myself and say (or write as the case maybe) "excellent site" & "brilliant forum"! :wink: :) :D

i think the above post is a search bot or something. a guy with a similar name posted on my forums as well. whatever the technology at work is, this thing registers on a forum and makes a post that reads 'oh, my god!' and has an advert link in their sig.

just so you know that alexis isn't a real user at all! ;)

It's been deleted. I'm pretty convinced these must be humans registering an account on here, we're using some extra protection since we started getting SPAMed badly a few months ago and the only way through now is to be a real person. Quite worring! Somewhere in Russia, there could be an office set up just to SPAM the Internet!

Back