AnimeTV!

Lupus

Baka Ranger
AnimeTV!
Thoughts on it? It's pretty good, but the "experts" all over-react way too much, I skipped them after five minutes, couldn't take them arguing, I'll keep watching. Also... my god @ number 1 on top 5, we all know number 2 should be there.

Ohmygodohmygodohmygod.

Clips of the Haruhi dub! WOAH!

...Well first impressions aren't that good. I think I could get used to it, but it doesn't capture the energy and character of the Japanese counterparts. It's a shame really, but I'll probably still end up buying the DVDs.

Oh! And the show itself, pretty good. Anime's coming into the mainstream!

I didn't like it :( they blabbed on and I'm one of those closet anime fans, whenever I see or hear anime in my day to day life I kinda flinch, its a taboo word :? Watching people argue about it doesn't do it for me

Well, I think they just talked a lil' too much for my liking. The small shots of the anime at times were good but I'd rather listen to Otakus talk for 5 mins rather than 10.
I didn't mind the idea, but I wouldn't tape it just in case I missed an episode.

Hey I used to be like some of you when you say you flinch at the word anime when mentioned outside. But you know what I don't care who knows I watch anime now, lol I try to talk about it with my mates but they seem to flinch. I'm a geek anyway, a programmer and a physicist and I like it.

As to this anime TV, it would definatly be good at getting new people into anime and I can imagine alot of existing anime fans will watch it especially those that stay with the mainstream anime. However I don't watch television much anyway, only the odd film and hollyoaks so I probably wouldnt watch it and just carry on buying DVD's instead

Yeah they do talk to much I just want to hear a quick review

Well it was intresting to say the least but im kinda undecided on the show, maybe it will improve in future eps. Although I do have to say that some of the people featured in it scared me a little with just how into anime they are :lol:

i liked the idea of the show, the fact that there was something there to get people maybe more into anime was the good bit. as for the dub, can't say its the worst but its not the best, i'm still actually yet to see haruhi Suziyama, but i'll probably still go with the japanese version to the dub.

I like the idea of the show, it's like promoting anime in every aspect and it's not a bad idea to give reviews and it just depends on you as a viewer if you agree or not. It is just listening to what others might say since your mates don't know much about the show you're watching at least there are some people giving their opinion on it. And yes they talked too much... it was quite good but not good enough.... something's missin' ?????????

Hmmm, as naya_lulu said, it is a good idea, but, Americans tend to annoy me fairly quickly, even though a huge chunk of my family are yanks- but these type of hyper-happy, wannabe mtv brats just tend to make me feel very British and sarcastic.

As for the Haruhi dub, well, dub is a swear word in my anime eyes.(ears?) A couple of the Ghibli movies have been quite enjoyable to me as dubs, but subs will always be better imho.

I agree with u bensons (not with ur name or the smoking avatar, lol...). Subs r much b8r than dubs. That way, the originality is retained, whereas dubs sometimes can totally spoil the originality...

Does the camera man have ADD? Do they assume that everyone who watches anime is a stereotype? Why are the people so 2 dimensional? Yellow Ribbons? And too much jumping around in the theme thing.

Over all I thought it was stupid. They tried the easy going approach with the sofa, drinks and them sitting around talking. It failed, and turned a good idea into ****. It would have been better with about three people sitting around the table having a serious discussion about it, like newsnight does.

Back