Animeleague Club London - the new home for anime fans

chaos

The Boss
We just received this from our friends at Animeleague.

"You can check out and register on the Animeleague Club London (ALCL) website at http://www.animeleague.com/london

We will run on Saturday November 14th 2009 at the Slug & Lettuce American Square at Tower Gateway, London. With a capacity of 400 people, we are more a mini-con than a club, and run from 11am to midnight. We have dealers, video gaming, anime screening, an Artist Alley, DDRing, roleplaying, card-gaming, along with many events such as a masquerade, pub-quiz, parties, special guests (Roppongi Street are announced with more to come!) and much more! We will be running three to four times a year!

IMPORTANT

- We are an 18 and over event!
- If you want a member badge and don't want to queue on the day then you MUST register and pay beforehand! It only costs £5 for the entire day. Go to http://www.animeleague.com/london/registration.php to register!
- It is not mandatory to register, but priority entrance will be given to those who do (ie: unless you're really lazy, it's a very good idea to register and pay the fiver beforehand).

If you need help with accommodation, we give it on our website under the accommodation and travel section. Still stuck? Then just ask us and we're happy to help you out! The more we can get to this, the merrier!

<b>Want to Help Us Out? </b>

We need as MANY PEOPLE AS POSSIBLE to help advertise this and get as many people as possible attending ALCL! So, if you want to help out, simply email us on [email protected] and we'll see what you can do! We'll be shortly getting 10,000 ALCL flyers printed, so if you want to help there, that'd be fantastic. Asides from that, simple word of mouth and facebook works wonders! We NEED to ensure that London has a really successful anime club, so the more people we can have helping with this project, the more chance it'll have of being a massive success!"

The LAC only finished last year.

This looks ambitious but AL's bad reputation and a few over things look like this could not be any where near as successful as you think it would be.

Anyway, why over 18's only. LAC didn't have that problem. The pub isn't usually open at Weekends anyway.

Ice Climber said:
Anyway, why over 18's only. LAC didn't have that problem. The pub isn't usually open at Weekends anyway.

I think its over 18 because of the bar they are holding it in, on there site it says its a venue requirment not to allow under 18's in even if you come with a perant

Aya-Kun said:
Ice Climber said:

I think its over 18 because of the bar they are holding it in, on there site it says its a venue requirment not to allow under 18's in even if you come with a perant

As someone who went to the old LAC I don't think it has anything to do with it. The pub didn't seem to mind children. It's a gastropub in the Slug and Lettuce chain.

Fair enough.

What's this I hear about AL having a bad reputation? Could anyone provide some general details about this?

I don't know the exact details myself but generally, every community has its issues and things get distorted down the grapevine until it comes out completely different.

I'm under the impression that there's a small group of individuals who have a grudge for being banned or whatever, and so spread malicious gossip.

I'm never had much issues with the place, and hope you don't judge this event based on those rumours. This is something that is trying to be done to give a replacement for what was a much-loved event.

ilmaestro said:
London sucks. :(
ilmaestro said:
On the grounds that I don't live there. :p
You can always move oveer here =)

Zin5ki said:
What's this I hear about AL having a bad reputation? Could anyone provide some general details about this?
I've heard the rumours, checked the facts with the con organizers and I can say rumours seemed unfounded. They are doing what they claimed to be doing, which is helping out with the anime bit of it.

King Jimmeh said:
I'm under the impression that there's a small group of individuals who have a grudge for being banned or whatever, and so spread malicious gossip.

I'm never had much issues with the place, and hope you don't judge this event based on those rumours. This is something that is trying to be done to give a replacement for what was a much-loved event.
Seems more realistic. I'll go down there and see for myself. It's not like this would make me any poorer.

ilmaestro said:
Very good grounds, I agree completely. Everything's happening there, you have the MCM, why'd you need another event?

Make an anime club in Bristol and I'd be there YESTERDAY. :p

trumpster said:
ilmaestro said:
Very good grounds, I agree completely. Everything's happening there, you have the MCM, why'd you need another event?
Not everyone enjoys MCM events, it's very good for people to have a choice.

Back