Animefreak17 And His All-Purpose General Chat Thread

As I wrote a little while back, I've finally started watching the One Piece anime. Seen the first seven episodes so far. As I've read the manga I already know the plot. It was interested to see them not covering Monkey's early life until the four episode. I do like the sound track, especially the end song "Memories". So far, it's good. Should be interesting to see the rest of the first season.

very good very good trust me this series puts naruto, dragonball z and bleach to shame iv seen 130 episodes and

the adventurers fantastic
the comedies good
the styles * at first i tjought it was silly * but once you get in to it its awesome
the storys great
the powers and and fights isn't dragon ball z but there awesome non the less
the characters are awesome too

im a ecchi nut

I'm macadamia all the way. If I was a nut, that is. I don't, however, like the sound of ecchi nuts

halolz-dot-com-halo3-itchynuts1.jpg
[/img]

suggestion box manga/anime

im going to be blunt here i have a few dvds i want to get from UP1 * the place im getting my dvds from now* but im looking for suggestions of which series thats highly recommended by everyone.

if your unsure of which manga or anime to read or watch just ask

im looking for in a anime is something thats

kick ass
fun
enjoyable to watch
eechi
horror
funny
cute
anything really

and as for anime i dont want is

romance
&
tragedy

I would watch some of the stuff you already own and haven't watched before actively seeking out new stuff to watch.

I can understand if you're looking forward to a series a lot and you want to buy it asap, but if you have nothing particular in mind, why not watch the stuff you already own, but have yet to watch?

Top 10 anime shows you want

1 queens blade ( the hole series )
2 card captors
3 sailor moon
4 gurren largann movies
5 the new kino journey
6 holic season 2
7 the hole negima series* the other series*
8 banner of the stars 1 and 2
9 hellsing ultamate ovas
10 the hole tenchi series

question

lets say theres a series you want and you cant find it on dvd and then you find a sit that does sell it but its bootleg but at very cheap price would you buy it

me it depends if its the hole series and and if its a series that you cant get anymore

Nope, buying a bootleg set is nuts. If you wait long enough finding the real version is usually possible (especially with the rate of licence rescues now everyone's more cautious about picking up new titles).

R

I agree with Rui on this. Many things can be had from Amazon and Play traders for very little, though it can be annoying when for some reason one volume costs way more than the rest when you are trying to finish a set. Also watch out on ebay and amazon as you may not always get the genuine article.

As most people around here will know I am really against piracy in all forms when it comes to anime stuff. However I will say bootlegging is the worst as people are profiting off someone else's work and the money is quite possibly financing organised crime. I don't say this often, if no money is going to the original creators you might as well just download it so no money is going to dodgy places. Some times it makes me feel sick when you go to otherwise legitimate DVD sites who are pushing out bootleg Anime DVDs as imports. I assume most actually know what they are doing but some may still have just been sold a story by their suppliers.

Also some of the things we may class as bootlegs being region 0 are sometimes not as some asian companies do actually have distribution rights though even some of these tread a grey path as they don't often have the rights to the English dub or subtitles they include. It can be difficult difficult to tell the difference between genuine Asian imports and bootlegs but I think there are a few lists floating around as to which company names and logos to look out for both ways.

@Dracos
dude im 100% against piracy

and iv only ever brought 1 bootleg anime * at the time i didn't know what bootleging was* and when i found out what it ment i told my self no more bootleging.

i hate piracy 100% of my anime is the real deal and i hate downloading, if i did download i wouldn't feel like i accomplished anything and i wouldn't feel like there part of my collection

animefreak17 said:
@Dracos
dude im 100% against piracy

and iv only ever brought 1 bootleg anime * at the time i didn't know what bootleging was* and when i found out what it ment i told my self no more bootleging.

i hate piracy 100% of my anime is the real deal and i hate downloading, if i did download i wouldn't feel like i accomplished anything and i wouldn't feel like there part of my collection

Nice to see someone in the newer generations of anime fans who still counts their collection and viewing in legit DVDs owned/rented rather than dodgy Gigabytes downloaded or streamed.

Back