Anime with a drum and bass soundtrack

sanji no 1

Vampire Ninja
Anyone thats seen the fist of the north star dub, they'll know that it has a drum and bass soundstrack

Is there any other animes with a Drum n bass soundtrack? Because there should be more animes with a drum n bass soundtrack!

In my oppinion drum and bass suits anime very well, especially the action animes.

Just imagine Dragonball z or Bleach or any anime that is action heavy, It would sound awsome!
 

Derfel

Dandy Guy, in Space
This is just my general feeling, but I think you are likely to find drum 'n bass in sci-fi titles. If I'm stating the obvious lol, just disregard it.
 

Maltos

Stand User
Hahaha, might have to check out Fist of the North Star to hear this. Do you know if they're original tracks or from well knowned artists?

The closest i've come across, even though I havn't actually watched the series, is the soundtracks to Samurai Champloo. They were created by Japanese jazz-style hip-hop producers. Might be worth checking out if your into that sort of thing.
 

Zin5ki

Railgun
An episode of RahXephon used such music during a single action scene, continually increasing the tempo for a disturbing cacophonous effect.

Alternatively, you could watch Infinite Ryvius sped up.
 

Amray

School Idol
I wish that there were an anime with a full Drum & Bass soundtrack. If I made an anime that is what it would consist of, with lots of fighting. I would request Noisia and Black Sun Empire to perform it.

D&B is actually popular in Japan, so it would not surprise me at all if one was made like that.
 

Maltos

Stand User
Amray said:
I would request Noisia and Black Sun Empire to perform it.

Ever heard of Spor? He makes DnB similar to Noisia and BSE but the sheer insanity of it would make for some wicked fight scenes.

I can see it now :twisted: ~

<object width="320" height="265"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/t4KFrcW0F3w&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/t4KFrcW0F3w&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="320" height="265"></embed></object>
 

Amray

School Idol
Maltos said:
I can see it now :twisted: ~

Haha, indeed.

If I made an anime with a really dark atmoshere, then it would be Noisia, as they produce some really 'heavy' beats. (their "Omen" remix, for example) But if I wanted to make an animation with loads of fast-paced fighting then Black Sun Empire would be quite good, or Concord Dawn. Maybe Does It Offend You, Yeah? would be decent to use too, although they are not exactly what I would call a Drum and Bass band. They lean more towards "Electronic". They would be used for the 'talking' scenes.
 

Maltos

Stand User
Amray said:
If I made an anime with a really dark atmoshere, then it would be Noisia, as they produce some really 'heavy' beats. (their "Omen" remix, for example) But if I wanted to make an animation with loads of fast-paced fighting then Black Sun Empire would be quite good, or Concord Dawn.

Personally I'd do it the other way around!
I think something dark and moody like Black Sun Empire or maybe some Ed Rush & Optical classics would suit a darker, serious atmosphere.
Whereas something like Stigma by Noisia would absolutely make a fight scene. The tense build up and the drop would fit the style of a fast paced battle perfectly.

I agree on Concord Dawn though. Most of their stuff has great energy.

EDIT//
also, I'm sure I'd find a place in anime to put Current- 'so hard i'll smash my head against a wall whilst listening' -Value.
 

Amray

School Idol
Maltos said:
Personally I'd do it the other way around!
I think something dark and moody like Black Sun Empire or maybe some Ed Rush & Optical classics would suit a darker, serious atmosphere.
Whereas something like Stigma by Noisia would absolutely make a fight scene. The tense build up and the drop would fit the style of a fast paced battle perfectly.

Noisia can make some really heavy and dark tracks, though. Listen to their Omen remix by The Prodigy. You should listen to what Noisia and Black Sun Empire sound like together, if you have not already. They have to be the darkest songs ever.

Concord Dawn's "Raining Blood" would be an amazing song for a fighting scene.
 

Maltos

Stand User
Akaten said:
Hope that helps.
Ah, cheers! I've actually got a few Reinforced releases (mostly Paradox), so it's interesting to know they did the soundtrack, Thanks!


Amray said:
Noisia can make some really heavy and dark tracks, though. Listen to their Omen remix by The Prodigy. You should listen to what Noisia and Black Sun Empire sound like together, if you have not already. They have to be the darkest songs ever.

Concord Dawn's "Raining Blood" would be an amazing song for a fighting scene.
Yeh, their Prodigy remix might be suitable, but again I'd still edge on the side that most of their stuff is too 'jump-up'y to be used in a really serious series due to the fact pretty much all of their tracks, thus far, have been designed to be played in clubs; meaning they've been created to have maximum dance-floor impact (though they are scheduled for an album this summer which, I think, will probably give them a chance to explore their deeper, darker side more).
Because Black Sun Empire have been around a lot longer and they've got several studio albums under their belt, they've got a much larger back catalogue to select from too.

I've heard a few BSE & Noisia collaborations but i'll have to have a look and relisten, because I can't remember any specifically.

And Raining Blood is absolutely sick. I love guitar samples in DnB tracks. It doesn't happen all too often so when they do crop up it's normally something special. Dylan's remix of Master of Puppets might be worth checking out too as thats quite a similar style.

I got way into this topic again, apologies for the long-ish post!
 

T.C.

Hikikomori
Anyone thats seen the fist of the north star dub, they'll know that it has a drum and bass soundstrack

Is there any other animes with a Drum n bass soundtrack? Because there should be more animes with a drum n bass soundtrack!

In my oppinion drum and bass suits anime very well, especially the action animes.

Just imagine Dragonball z or Bleach or any anime that is action heavy, It would sound awsome!
There is one dnb song in noragami and I find it amazing
 
Top