Anime UK News Podcast?

GrantM

Dandy Guy, in Space
A lot of popular anime news/review sites seem to be doing podcasts, why not Anime UK News as well?. Us UK fans could do with one, and I'd be willing to help out on it since I've been following the UK anime market since ADV UK started doing DVDs in 2001

I'm actually a big fan of Anime World Order, it combines some great humour with interesting discussions on anime, though it is perhaps aimed at the older anime fans out there. They don't seem to enjoy modern anime as much as the old school stuff, which is cool but kinda lame at the same time.

It's a nice idea Grant (and a good way to get your voice out there I'm sure! ;) ) but if we were to do something like this, I'd rather it wasn't like the god awful AoDVD, ADV etc ones i.e. monotone or high pitched American voices blantently reading news from a script.

Paul said:
I'm actually a big fan of Anime World Order, it combines some great humour with interesting discussions on anime, though it is perhaps aimed at the older anime fans out there. They don't seem to enjoy modern anime as much as the old school stuff, which is cool but kinda lame at the same time.

It's a nice idea Grant (and a good way to get your voice out there I'm sure! ;) ) but if we were to do something like this, I'd rather it wasn't like the god awful AoDVD, ADV etc ones i.e. monotone or high pitched American voices blantently reading news from a script.

What are the Anime On DVD and ADV ones like?

GrantM said:
Paul said:

What are the Anime On DVD and ADV ones like?

They are bad in different ways.

The ADV one is basically a promo reel of trailers, narrated by a typically high-pitched American female. I couldn't listen for much longer than a few minutes- unless you are a hardcore ADV fanboy or something, I wouldn't recommend it.

The AoDVD episode is someone slllloooowwwwwllllly reading site news and reviews off a sheet of paper. It was terribly boring and lacking in any real emotion.

So basically, neither are in the same league as Anime World Order, which itself is far from perfect and depends on whether you enjoy listening to a bunch of anime fans ragging on stuff. I guess I do :)

The Anime World Order Podcast is quite enjoyable. It's no Ricky Gervais show, but there's plenty of background to what they are saying and a little bit of humour

If anyone wants to do a basic script for one, I'd be happy to record a reading. It is something I'd like to try, as I have been told I have a voice for this kind of thing.

I usally listen to the daizenshuuex podcast and my audio emails have been on there, allthough the last two i was doing silly voices trying to sound like jeice from the ginyu force lol

If there was one done I would love to be on it

Mutsumi said:
If anyone wants to do a basic script for one, I'd be happy to record a reading. It is something I'd like to try, as I have been told I have a voice for this kind of thing.

I could patch together a basic script for you on various areas of anime, although basic would be the key word.

Well if we decide to do one, we'd have to decide who would be on it, how often we would do it (once a week sounds okay), and what we would talk about on it.

I think one thing that would make it unique is that we'd be offering a UK perspective on anime which would include talking about the market.

However what would we use since I assume this podcast would have multiple hosts on it, I use Skype which allows up to 5 people on a conference call, but how would you record that because I don't know how to

Yeah 2 weeks sounds good, that way if there is only a few releases each week we could comment about all of them. Plus I had an idea so we dont get a whole troop of saying I want to be on this, there could be a question and discussion point where some people could send in audio emails recorded from their computer and then in that way everyone can be on it

Back