Anime UK News 'Manga Top 5'

Squeaks

Brigade Leader
With the success of the Anime UK News 'Anime Top 10' – results pending - I thought it would be nice to do a similar thing for all you manga lovers out there.

As manga isn't advertised to the same extent as anime this poll is of more interest to me then the anime one as I am always on the look out for a must read manga novel or series.

The nomination guidelines are going to be a little different then with the anime poll due to the fact that the total number of shows nominated was 137 with 67 of those only appearing once.

The guidelines and rules regarding your nominations are as follows:

• *The manga in question must have undergone an English translation and must be readily available to buy from UK suppliers i.e. Amazon.co.uk, Play.com, UP1, OTAKU, and Forbidden Planet etc, etc.

*Your five nominations must be listed in descending order i.e. favourite at the top and least favourite at the bottom.

*You can edit your top five manga novels or series as many times as you wish until the nomination closing date of 11/11/2005 where results will be compiled and posted shortly afterwards.

*Series spin-offs, alternative dimensions, alternative timelines and sequels will be judged on their individuals merits so if you love Dragonball but loathe Dragonball Z then nominate the one you prefere.

*I will except western manga novels and serials such as the web-comic come graphic novel Megatokyo.
That seems about it so I look forward to seeing your top five manga novels or series appearing here in there droves.

Oh. Before I forget here is my list:

1. Battle Angel Alita
2. Shaman King
3. Megatokyo
4. Trigun
5. Junk Force

I was just waiting for the topic to come around...

1. Hunter x Hunter
2. BECK
3. Fruits Basket
4. Ranma 1/2
5. No Need for Tenchi

Others that didn't make the cut are: Chobits and Love Hina

Sadly, the lack of scans hurts me somewhat, since several series I've read predominatly scanned (although of course i'll purchase them when new volumes become avaiable) fall into my favourites - Gantz, Monster, HxH, H&C, Emma et al.

This was a hard choice; poor HxH really should have made it, but, alas it was not to be.

1. Fruits Basket
2. Beck
3. Bleach
4. Berserk
5. X/1999

1. Excel Saga
2. Azumanga Daioh
3. Yotsuba&!
4. Love Hina
5. Chrono Crusade

Haha, I think i'm the only one that can't stand Fruits Basket.

Almost everybody has put Fruits Basket, and why arn't i reading that again :? :lol: .
Ok my list is as follows, i think:

1. Mars
2. Fake
3. Eerie Queerie
4. Gravitation
5. Chobits

Very difficult to put them in order, and Demon Diary could have gone where Chobits did, but thats my list

sliightly surprised that i've actually read five to choose from, my choices are, after a lot of dificult decisions:

1. Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind
2. Love Hina
3. Akira
4. Fruits Basket
5. Neon Genesis Evangelion

picking five faves was easy enough but deciding the order of them wasn't!

not many to choose from but.....

1. Tenchi Muyo -No need for tenchi
2. Shaman King
3. InuYasha
4. .hack://Legend of the Twilight bracelett (or dusk if u wanna get technical)
5. Marsian Sucessor Nadesico

and just for the fun of it

6.The all new Tenchi Muyo
7. Love Hina
8. Bleach
9. Fullmoon Wo Sagashite
10. Cardcaptor Sakura

Back