Anime that made you cry

Pomtry

Combat Butler
Well I know there is a lot of anime out there that is very emotional and makes many people want to cry. So I want to know what anime made you cry or nearly cry because it was so sad.

Gungrave was an anime that put me on the brink of crying mostly because of the ending

Ayashi if anyone has seen this they know why people should cry at this there where so many parts that I felt sorry for the characters.

Also what anime gave you tears of joy

don't think i'll ever cry, i'm a man :cool:

But Tenchi had some emotional bits and Hanbun no Tsuki ga Noboru Sora was very good at plucking the heart strings.

Nyu said:

But Tenchi had some emotional bits and Hanbun no Tsuki ga Noboru Sora was very good at plucking the heart strings.

Keep telling yourself that 8)

The only one so far was Chrono Crusade, and it was the ending XD
AAAAUGH. EVERYTIME I WATCH IT. ;_____;
It's just so damn...sad D:

pomtry said:
Nyu said:

Will you hold me :cry: i'll bring the kleenex

Nyu said:
pomtry said:
Nyu said:

Will you hold me :cry: i'll bring the kleenex

Dude I dont swing that way :p 8)

The ending of FMA mad me pretty sad havent seen the movie yet so dont tell me

[emo]Most stuff makes me sad, but crying is tough to do. I think i'm dead inside.[/emo]

Grave of the Fireflies (Most of the last half is viewable only through H20vision) and err... Kiki's Delivery Service. I'll pre-empt the oh-so-witty person who will reply 'with boredom' (so ha!), but Kiki's twice made me cry happy tears for some reason.

So many animes,

Green Green - At the end of the series when they are looking at photographs I welled up and cried.

Chrono Crusade - The ending was too much I wept like a baby

Vandread - Something about the ending really made me weep a little

Joy.....

Air Gear - Ep 25, tears of joy when his friends all stand up and the music rises, that bit was a natural high.

kupoartist said:
[emo]Most stuff makes me sad, but crying is tough to do. I think i'm dead inside.[/emo]

Grave of the Fireflies (Most of the last half is viewable only through H20vision) and err... Kiki's Delivery Service. I'll pre-empt the oh-so-witty person who will reply 'with boredom' (so ha!), but Kiki's twice made me cry happy tears for some reason.

I can't ever recall crying but quite a few series have left me feeling kind of upset. Gunslinger Girl for one.

Kiki's DS is a good example of an anime that makes you feel really good. Do people really say it's boring?

Yes many animes, probably too many, but mainly teary...

Iriya No Sora, UFO No Natsu
Air
Kanon (2006)
Busou Renkin
Mahou Sensei Negima
Utawarerumono
Honey and clover II
Shuffle
Naruto - Hinata and Chouji battles
One Piece

and from joy

Ouren High School Host Club

umm from what i can remember

Ryo Chan said:
actually i'm quite surprised the whole Yuzaha dieing part at the end didn't get me all teary eyed :?

The ending was sad enough and was that bit that really finished me off :cry:

Last edited by a moderator:
I've never cried at the end of an anime or video game, but I did cry at the end of Philadelphia, the film with Tom Hanks in. I was only 9 or 10 when I saw it but it made me so sad.

Ryo Chan said:
WTFDaveMustaine said:
I ain't admittin' to nuttin'

dave broke down at the end of the first pokemon movie then? ^^
All the Pokemens killed Santa and on Christmas Day as well. :cry: I'll never forget the last line of the movie...

"You Pokemons can kill me but my work is already done, next year there will be another to replace me and if you kill him then there will be another and another and the naughty kids won't be getting a lump of coal in their stocking... *cough* ...they'll be getting a Pokemon ...*cough*... up ...their... ass.....*dies*"
Santa Claus - Pokemon: The First Movie

Rumbling hearts or Kimi ga nozumu eien, NANA - I've seen the first 6 eps and I just cried especially on Nana the rocker's story.....

tears of joy --- hmmm not yet, i'm just happy if its a happy ending......

Kimi ga nozumu eien - didn't even make it half way through that series before locking it away, it seriously left me emotionally drained

I had a lump in my throat and shed a tear or two at te end The Place Promised in our Early Days (thank heavens for dim lighting in the cinema..I don't think anyone noticed!)

I can safely say though that Grave of the Fireflies had me in pieces!

Back