Anime template-fill it in and discuss

Favourite: Usagi Drop, Cowboy Bebop and Puella Magi Madoka Magica all would be contenders for this spot. But the Box goes to Shirobako, simply because it's the Anime at this moment in time as I'm writing this, I would happily leave and go watch again!

****-Tier: Decided to put in Rainy Cocoa in this box as it is probably one of the worst short series I have ever had the displeasure in watching, the second season probably even more-so as I have mentioned before. I commonly say Teekyu is the absolute belter and prime example of how to do Two-Minute episodes, well the complete opposite is truth with Rainy Cocoa, each episode spent is probably the longest Two-Minutes of my life!

Needs S2 or S3: I don't want to turn this into Shirobako dominates all the boxes so I'll go with something else, there is one show I wanted to put in but I suspect a certain forum person will probably have that one so I'll let them take it if/when they post. I echo the thoughts of Space Brothers coming back as listed previously, but if it does come back, the series that is in the box which happened to be running at the same time Polar Bear Cafe needs to return also. Watching those two series side by side made my week, I know Polar Bear Cafe is unlikely to return particularly due to some of the issues surrounding the production of it, but I continue to dream of a day where I get to see Panda Mama suck up Panda with her hoover once again!

10/10: 10/10 for me means it is simply put a masterpiece and though probably some of the shows listed as favourites would probably be listed here also, I have recently expunged all my anime ratings and none of those series have been re-watched since doing it. So the sole thing that has the 10/10 rating is The House of Small Cubes a 12 Minute short film, it was nominated and won a number of awards. Regardless of stature, it certainly defines what something means to be a Masterpiece in my opinion.

Waifu/Husbando: Aoi Miyamori, Cute, an upbeat person and someone I can easily relate too. It's definitely worth seeking out a post I did a few months back detailing moreso why Aoi is my "Best Girl".

Top Tier Char: Yui Hirasawa is a character who just has that certain spark. She has her own Strengths and certainly does have her flaws and faults but I think that's just part of the reason why I can definitely get behind Yui being Top Tier! True Story: Yui is the only Anime Character who's poster I have put up in my room at some point!

****-Tier Char: Now I know to some this may be a controversial pick as he is from a long running series which has been much beloved by many, but for some reason I just could never get behind Monkey D. Luffy. Something about his personality and mannerisms and particularly the goofy face just make my blood boil a bit which is odd as there really aren't that many characters I can think of that do that to me, maybe I just need to give him what another 600-700 episodes to get attached to him.

Best VA: Probably one of the toughest, I can't say I really have an exact favourite I like many Voice Actors either English or Japanese so I just decided to fill the box with Kana Hanazawa, who since me becoming an Anime fan has been pretty much regular and has done a number of characters who I like over time. I could spend a bit reeling off names but I would be here for too long!

Though I disagree on Luffy, Yui is a great choice, she's really what made K-on! so loveable for me.
She's probably in the top 3 for waifu, though any of the main four could fulfil the role really.

Last edited:
Anime chart.png

Explanation:
FAVOURITE: Evangelion
Evangelion is the anime franchise that's the most significant to me on a number of levels, so that gets the tag of 'favourite'. I chose a film poster of 2.0 as the image because that was the first Evangelion I ever saw (at the cinema), and so that was what got me into it in the first place.

SH*T-TIER: We Without Wings
Well, I mean, it's just all-round f**king awful, isn't it? :p
The best thing on the discs is one of the US commentary tracks where one of the two male VAs in the booth absolutely splits his sides laughing upon witnessing the show's most extravagant fanservice scene for the first time. He absolutely could not believe what he was seeing. And neither could I.

NEEDS S2 or S3: The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
Totally agree with @thedoctor2016 on this.

The story so far ended with the film The Disappearance of Haruhi, but there's a lot left still to be done. I want more Haruhi! (I imagine that ship has probably already sailed, though. :()

Honourable mention goes to Gantz also: I would've loved another series of that.

10/10: The Girl Who Leapt Through Time
This was the film that changed anime from an interest into a passion for me. I'd never felt like that watching a film before. Absolutely incredible.

WAIFU: Yuki Nagato from The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
I already liked Nagato as a character (see HERE for details ;)), and then they went and gave us the Disappearance version as well. The picture above is that version.

TOP-TIER CHAR/S: Konata and the cast of Lucky Star
Lucky Star has no plot. Lucky Star is also one of my favourite anime, and that's down to the characters. (Konata in particular. :))

SH*T-TIER CHAR/S: Ichise and the entire cast of Texhnolyze
Not so long ago, I sat through all 22 episodes of this, and was left none the wiser. Who was Ichise anyway? Why was he so angry all the time? Who was anyone, in fact? What were their aims? Who knows. Who cares.

God I hate Texhnolyze.

BEST VA: Kana Hanazawa
This is a tough choice! In the end I went with the same pick as @MrLaserSharkKH. I think I'm a big fan of every character I've ever heard Hanazawa voice, and a lot of that's down to the talented seiyuu herself. Somehow, she manages time and again to make a character uniquely that character and no other, with just the most subtle of tweaks that I can never really quite grasp. Outstanding.

(Did I mention she's really pretty, too? :p)

This is such a great idea for a thread, @HWR. I really enjoyed hunting for and choosing images, and tweaking them to fill in the boxes. It gets the creative juices going! :)

View attachment 1505

Explanation:
FAVOURITE: Evangelion
Evangelion is the anime franchise that's the most significant to me on a number of levels, so that gets the tag of 'favourite'. I chose a film poster of 2.0 as the image because that was the first Evangelion I ever saw (at the cinema), and so that was what got me into it in the first place.

****-TIER: We Without Wings
Well, I mean, it's just all-round f**king awful, isn't it? :p
The best thing on the discs is one of the US commentary tracks where one of the two male VAs in the booth absolutely splits his sides laughing upon witnessing the show's most extravagant fanservice scene for the first time. He absolutely could not believe what he was seeing. And neither could I.

NEEDS S2 or S3: The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
Totally agree with @thedoctor2016 on this.

The story so far ended with the film The Disappearance of Haruhi, but there's a lot left still to be done. I want more Haruhi! (I imagine that ship has probably already sailed, though. :()

Honourable mention goes to Gantz also: I would've loved another series of that.

10/10: The Girl Who Leapt Through Time
This was the film that changed anime from an interest into a passion for me. I'd never felt like that watching a film before. Absolutely incredible.

WAIFU: Yuki Nagato from The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
I already liked Nagato as a character (see HERE for details ;)), and then they went and gave us the Disappearance version as well. The picture above is that version.

TOP-TIER CHAR/S: Konata and the cast of Lucky Star
Lucky Star has no plot. Lucky Star is also one of my favourite anime, and that's down to the characters. (Konata in particular. :))

****-TIER CHAR/S: Ichise and the entire cast of Texhnolyze
Not so long ago, I sat through all 22 episodes of this, and was left none the wiser. Who was Ichise anyway? Why was he so angry all the time? Who was anyone, in fact? What were their aims? Who knows. Who cares.

God I hate Texhnolyze.

BEST VA: Kana Hanazawa
This is a tough choice! In the end I went with the same pick as @MrLaserSharkKH. I think I'm a big fan of every character I've ever heard Hanazawa voice, and a lot of that's down to the talented seiyuu herself. Somehow, she manages time and again to make a character uniquely that character and no other, with just the most subtle of tweaks that I can never really quite grasp. Outstanding.

(Did I mention she's really pretty, too? :p)

This is such a great idea for a thread, @HWR. I really enjoyed hunting for and choosing images, and tweaking them to fill in the boxes. It gets the creative juices going! :)
Thanks, a lot of anime meme pages that I follow on Facebook were doing it so I thought it'd make for a cool discussion on here.
No surprises that you chose Haruhi for S3, I'd happily see more of Kyon :D

Thanks for the help!

zoqSKt7.jpg

Explanation:
Nausicaa holds a very special place in my heart. First time I had the pleasure of watching a strong female protagonist, spoke volumes to me.
Comet Lucifer held the best first episode of it's season, my expectations shot right up and came crashing horrifically around me, it was beyond awful.
Monthly Girls Nozaki-Kun not one show since watching Ouran (many, many years ago) have I enjoyed so much, I desperately need a season 2. Close second was Spice & Wolf.
Ouran High School Host Club First show I 100% fell in love with. Always 10/10.
Rin from Free Swooooon
Monogatari Series Just full of great characters, each one's special and interesting. A close second was Jojo's.
Pet Girl of sakurasou God, I hated them all other than the childhood friend. Nothing the rest of the cast achieved was redeemable, nothing
Aoi Yuuki It's only this past season I realized she's voiced roles I loved, she voiced Clemintine from Overlord which has to be my top performance ever, she's also Tsuyu from Hero Academia, Tanya from The Saga of Tanya the evil & Aho Girl!

@Peachy I feel your pain with Comet Lucifer, I defended it right until the last episode which sank any last fragment of respect or interest I had in that series. Suck a wasted opportunity and yes an awful anime.

@Peachy I feel your pain with Comet Lucifer, I defended it right until the last episode which sank any last fragment of respect or interest I had in that series. Suck a wasted opportunity and yes an awful anime.

At least we get the "Completed Comet Lucifer" badge that was doing the rounds during the end of said season :p
First episode? Grand! Dancing Fruit and Veggie's? Gorgeous. Baguette Gun? Hilarious. Everything else ... :| Such a shame as the potential was there, they just wanted to do far too much with it, mess.

Back