Anime Studio's

hopeful_monster

Thousand Master
Was looking around my DVD collection and the interweb, and started to notice patterns in the shows and movies certain companies make. Examples
Gianax- Ground breaking, original, and experimental anime but often confusing and the originator of the Gainax ending (one that is a complete tone and style to the rest of the series).
Bones - Visually stunning, often with a spiritual slant, possibly a but wooly at times,
Sunrise - aimed at older teens. Teen drama with a <insert> Tend to be long and re-use certian shots a lot.
Gonzo- makes stuff for older teens, fond of blood.

While there are others could talk about will leave some of that to you, mainly casue i only recently started looking at this.

Re: Anime Companies

hopeful_monster said:
Was looking around my DVD collection and the interweb, and started to notice patterns in the shows and movies certain companies make. Examples
Gianax- Ground breaking, original, and experimental anime but often confusing and the originator of the Gainax ending (one that is a complete tone and style to the rest of the series).
Bones - Visually stunning, often with a spiritual slant, possibly a but wooly at times,
Sunrise - aimed at older teens. Teen drama with a <insert> Tend to be long and re-use certian shots a lot.

While there are others could talk about will leave some of that to you, mainly casue i only recently started looking at this.

The title should be changed to Animation Studios, as Anime Companies is a bit omminous.

Yeah, I love Gainax, Bones and Sunrise too.

hopeful_monster said:
Gainax are better known for their flighty fanservice titles and have only produced one or two as you describe there. As well as being responsible for Evangelion, they also produced Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi and Mahoromatic, neither of which is particularly complex and are comedy titles largely revolving around fanservice to one degree or another
hopeful_monster said:
Sunrise, being the animation arm of Namco/Bandai are most often into promoting toys, games and models from their sibling companies, which lend themselves well to such a demographic.
hopeful_monster said:
Gonzo, as you say are largely late teens with stuff that could appeal to a slightly older demo, such as Speed 'Grapher.

Gawyn said:
hopeful_monster said:
Gainax are better known for their flighty fanservice titles and have only produced one or two as you describe there. As well as being responsible for Evangelion, they also produced Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi and Mahoromatic, neither of which is particularly complex and are comedy titles largely revolving around fanservice to one degree or another
hopeful_monster said:
Sunrise, being the animation arm of Namco/Bandai are most often into promoting toys, games and models from their sibling companies, which lend themselves well to such a demographic.
hopeful_monster said:
Gonzo, as you say are largely late teens with stuff that could appeal to a slightly older demo, such as Speed 'Grapher.

Give me Mahoro and Nanoha over Bleach any day. :D

Back