Anime shops in London

sideways

Great Teacher
i'm going to london in 2 weeks and was wondering what shops there are that sell anything anime related
i know that theres a tokyotoys there but is there anything else

Aside the store you mention, the following places come to mind:
  • Orbital Manga (Great Newport Street, WC2H 7JA)
  • Forbidden Planet (Shaftesbury Avenue, WC2H 8JR)
  • Adanami Shobo (Brewer Street, W1F 0SS)
  • Japan Centre (Piccadilly)
The third and forth of these options are perhaps better suited to those desiring a direct immersion in their hobby.

Forbidden Planet.

I used to frequent Orbital Manga, but just read that it closed down in 2009, but maybe Orbital Comics stocks manga now as well?

Orbital Manga is indeed closed. The Orbital comic shop close to Leicester Square carries a decent selection but it's nowhere near as big as the dedicated store.

Gosh Comics is sometimes worth a look, they're opposite the British Museum so just around the corner (ish) from Forbidden Planet.

R

Orbital, Japan Centre, Forbidden Planet and Tokyo toys are all within waling distance from each other. Depending on when you're coming, I wouldn't mind showing you around, if you need one to show you around.

I think it was the Japan Centre that Ilmaestro took me to back in October, they had a nice selection of original Japanese manga.

I'll be back in London for the May Expo so if I have enough free time on that Friday, I'll visit the rest of these shops.

Japan Centre is good but, I'd go there for food/Visual Kei mags instead of Manga. There is some there but, I don't know how much you'd get out of it.

Orbital or Forbidden Planet would be better. To be honest, you'll probably find TokyoToys sucks up a fair amount of time, just looking at over-priced anime-related goods.

Was mainly the bookstore on the bottom floor of Mitsukoshi I showed you, Reevo, and is the first place I would recommend to anyone for Japanese manga. Is pretty much next door to where the Japan Center moved to, if this message isn't too late.

Also, much love for sideways' avatar.

thanks for your help guys, brought stuff from forbidden planet, orbital comics and tokyotoys
also went to uniqlo got t-shirts of one piece and naruto
chinatown was good as well got a couple of naruto gashapons from 1 of the machines, 1 of the shops in chinatown had some fake and real one piece and dragonball figures but the real 1s were stupidly overpriced

heres all the stuff i got
DSCF4018.jpg

close up of the figures
DSCF4019.jpg

close up of mugi cause i said so lol :p
DSCF4022.jpg

and also cause using camera mikuru collection
DSCF4020.jpg

DSCF4021.jpg

also have 3 plushies and a mousepad

thanks again guys

Back