anime series that did better out side japan

Animefreak17

Godhand
ok i wanted to start this cause after watching HOTD i thought its was the best anime iv seen in ages it was fantastic and im not the only one who thinks this, loads of other fans likes this series in europe & america, i liked the style the characters the story the horror its just really really good,

but for some reason im told that in japan that this didn't do to well, which is shocking to me i honestly thought it was awesome that its like cowboy bebop it didn't get a load of fans in japan but got loads of fans out side japan.

i wounder if people outside of japan had a large enough fan base they might make a season 2

im hoping for season 2 im hoping for season 2 im hoping for season 2

what other series did well more out side japan

i know
cowboy bebop
and i know HOTD did better in the west then japan did

Lawrence said:
In what respect did HOTD do better outside Japan?

iv been reading a few things on the net and apparently some people say that it didn't do well in japan * i dont know why i thought it was awesome * and i found out that theres more fans out side japan then in japan.

its either im reading the wrong information or the information was right

i just assume it was like cowboy bebop not many fans in japan but did well in europe and america,

i read somewhere that theres so many fans in the west that the creators of HOTD was continued the manga, i think it was wiki

animefreak17 said:
iv been reading a few things on the net and apparently some people say that it didn't do well in japan * i dont know why i thought it was awesome * and i found out that theres more fans out side japan then in japan.

its either im reading the wrong information or the information was right

i read somewhere that theres so many fans in the west that the creators of HOTD was continued the manga, i think it was wiki

Who cares what people say on the net? Unless they have the numbers of how much it sold they don't know anything and I don't think wiki is a good source of information since anyone can go on there and write whatever they like.

And as for something being more popular outside of Japan than in the country itself, that isn't surprising seeing that there is more people living outside of Japan. It's easier for something to be more popular when there are more people.

And I know that there are a lot of people who like HOTD, but I don't think over the net there's a good way to measure how popular something is. And at the end of the day if people who apparently like a show don't buy it it doesn't mean anything. That show could be really popular online but if the fan base may not dig into their pockets and pay for it.

For instance there are quite a few Gintama fans, people think it's a really popular but Viz media had to stop publishing the volumes cause not
enough people were buying it.

Going back to your original question though I would like to say Trigun is more popular outside of Japan. Apparently it sold 20,000 units in the first month of it's release in America.

kippy666 said:
And at the end of the day if people who apparently like a show don't buy it it doesn't mean anything. That show could be really popular online but if the fan base may not dig into their pockets and pay for it.

For instance there are quite a few Gintama fans, people think it's a really popular but Viz media had to stop publishing the volumes cause not
enough people were buying it.
It means a lot for the show's future releases or licence. I'd say any true measure of popularity would be directly related to how many people are willing to pay for it. Something which is popular amongst freeloaders might as well not be popular at all, as far as the creators and distributors are concerned.

ayase said:
It means a lot for the show's future releases or licence.
Things surprise you sometimes. DenYuuDen/Legend of Legendary Heroes sold about 2000 copies/volume in Japan (might have been slightly more or less, I forget), but with increased LN sales due to the anime it's not as much of a problem. I was surprised to see Funi license it after that, given that they have no other merchandise to back it up with.

Back