Anime Season Autumn 2005

Ramen89

Thousand Master
AUTUMN 2005; THE SEASON OF LOVE (OR LACK OF SUCH)

A new season of anime is upon us so here is a guide to what shows to look out for in the upcoming weeks.

Akagi ("sports")
Animal Yokocho (fantasy)
Angel Heart (drama)
Black Cat (action)
Blood+ (action, horror)
Canvas 2 ~Niji Iro no Sketch~ (romance, drama)
Capeta (sports)
Cluster Edge (mecha)
Ergo Proxy (action, drama) *DELAYED UNTIL NOVEMBER*
Ginban Kaleidoscope (drama, sports)
Gunparade Orchestra (action, mecha)
Happy Seven (comedy, fantasy)
Hell Girl (horror, psychological)
IGPX (sports, sci-fi)
Kakutou Bijin Wulong aka Fighty Beauty Wulong (action)
Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha A`s [prequel](magical girl)
Mai-Otome/Mai-Zhime (action)
Mushishi (drama, fantasy)
Noein ~ Mou Hitori no Kimi e (fantasy, drama)
Paradise Kiss (slice of life, romance)
Canvas 2 ~Niji Iro no Sketch~ (comedy, romance)
Rockman .EXE Beast (action, game)
Rozen Maiden - Träumend [second season] (fantay)
Shakugan no SHANA (fantasy)
Solty Rei (action, sci-fi)
Street Fighter Zero 2 [movie] (action)
Wakusei Daikaiju Negadon [movie] (sci-fi)

Please feel free to point out any inaccuracies or omissions.

Thanks go out to Chomolunga who basically wrote all of this :lol:

And if you have anything from this season to recommend, please tell us all.

I've been looking forward to Black Cat, never read the manga but I always like to try the new shounen-jump series. Only found 2 I really like anyway. ^^;;

Haven't heard much about the others sadly but I'm sure I'll hear lots about some of them soon.

The proper title for the second season of Rozen Maiden is Rozen Maiden - Träumend. This and Paradise Kiss are the only 2 I shall be watching.

I'll definitely be checking out Mai-Otome, for some reason I find myself drawn to Black Cat and Paradise Kiss as well, so I may give those a try.

Red XIII said:
I'll definitely be checking out Mai-Otome, for some reason I find myself drawn to Black Cat and Paradise Kiss as well, so I may give those a try.

I'll be watching all three; Black Cat and Mai-Otome, i've read, air tomorrow. I can't wait for Mai-Otome, and I'm going to try Black Cat to see what all the fuss is about. ;)

I'dd certainly have to give Black Cat, Hell Girl, Mai-Otome and Blood+ a quick look... maybe Paradise Kiss, even if it is just for the novelty of hearing Franz Ferdinand playing over the ending credits. ;)

Might go for Cluster Edge and Gunparade Orchestra, although given my general lack of interest in new shows at the minute who knows.

Definitely Ergo Proxy most from that list, even if it has been delayed. Notable mentions go to Hell Girl and Noein ~ Mou Hitori no Kimi e as well.

so guys any updated views on the series here> whats black cat and paradise kiss like? I am one of those who cannot make there minds up without hearing others views ^^

Wavey said:
so guys any updated views on the series here> whats black cat and paradise kiss like? I am one of those who cannot make there minds up without hearing others views ^^

Well, so far the Black Cat anime has been underwhelming for me; I may drop it and stick with the manga if it continues in a like fashion. Paradise Kiss, on the other hand, has been great - although it's not as subtle as the manga at point, it's still an excellent slice of life show that seems to be the "fashion BECK."

Having seen the first two episodes of many of these new series, my favourite is by far and away Mushishi. From the animation to the thought provoking, often touching one shot stories and even the ethereal soundtrack, it is the most original and frankly interesting series to debut in autumn. Imagine Kino's Journey mixed with Studio Ghibli. It's no wonder that Otomo has snapped this up for the live-action treatment.

Paradise Kiss has also been good, but with it being a primarily character drama, it's somewhat worrying that I'm not particularly interested in any of these characters. That said, it's alone worth watching for the lush, striking artwork and attractive backgrounds. The opening theme is quite an impressive number too!

Blood+ has been worth watching in a "meh!" kind of way. I'm finding it quite predictable and unengaging, though the monsters look cool. The same thing applies to Jigoku Shoujo, another "pretty" series without much else to say.

Having only seen the first episode of Noein, I'm tempted to say it was a fine first outing but I'm hesistant to shower it with too much praise. I'm sick of seeing teenagers run about in anime. With that in mind, I'm not touching Mai-Otome with a barge pole.

Back