Anime Schedule Update: 12 new dvd releases!

Neferpitou

Stand User
25/01/2010

Street Fighter: Movie Collection (5 Discs)
RRP £24.99

01/02/2010

Naruto Unleashed: Series 8 Part 2 (3 Discs)
RRP £24.99

Claymore Box Set (6 Discs)
RRP £39.99

Naruto Unleashed: Complete Series 7 (6 Discs)
RRP: £34.99

08/02/2010

Blue Dragon: Complete Series 1 Box Set (6 Discs)
RRP  £39.99

Death Note: Relight Vol.1
RRP  £14.99

15/02/2010

Dante's Inferno
RRP £14.99

22/02/2010

D Gray Man: Series 1 Part 1 (2 Discs)
RRP £22.99

01/03/2010

Bleach: Series 4 Part 2 (2 Discs)
RRP £19.99

15/03/2010

Death Note: Relight Vol.2
RRP £14.99

29/03/2010

D Gray Man: Series 1 Part 1 (2 Discs)*
RRP £22.99
*(This is either a spelling mistake and this is Series 1 part 2 or they gave the first release 2 dates by mistake)

Evangelion 1.01: You're Not Alone
RRP: £17.99

I am looking forward to D Gray Man :D And this new Death Note thing looks quite interesting, never heard of this before. Naturally I'll be getting Bleach as well!

Omg, D.Gray-man. X3 WANT. And the price is reasonable too.

Never heard of Death Note: Relight, either. Not that I'm interested anyway... couldn't stand the films.

D Gray man has interested me.

Oh and Evangelion 1.0? That must mean it's close to getting a release in the US...time to keep a look out for importing it :lol: Only over two years and counting...

With the RRP being £22.99 (as opposed to £19.99), I'm going to wait for the D.Gray-man box sets... assuming I get it at all. What I watched didn't impress me very much, and I know the anime includes a lot of filler.

The first (of two) Death Note recaps isn't worth it. It rushes through the good parts of the story, adds a few pointless scenes and the music placement is off.

I don't care about Bleach beyond the third box set, and even if I did I'd wait for the box set.

A £39.99 RRP is a good RRP for Claymore. With price cuts it should drop to at least £29.99. I've already picked up the 'singles' myself.

The first Eva movie is no more than a pretty recap. I'll get it when it's cheap but I don't really give a toss; I already own the TV series.

Isn't Dantes' Inferno the supposedly very ****** Geneon title?

Aion said:
Dante's Inferno is an anime that extends the Dante's Inferno game. AFAIK, both are not out yet so I'm not sure what Geneon title you're talking about.

chaos said:
Aion said:
Dante's Inferno is an anime that extends the Dante's Inferno game. AFAIK, both are not out yet so I'm not sure what Geneon title you're talking about.

If the Dead Space cartoon that Manga Ent. released for EA before is anything to go by then this Dante's Inferno DVD is gonna be pretty bad aswell.

landlock said:
chaos said:
Aion said:

If the Dead Space cartoon that Manga Ent. released for EA before is anything to go by then this Dante's Inferno DVD is gonna be pretty bad aswell.
The idea of a complementing anime is the same, but the team involved is different, so you never know. Past track shows very little good anime coming out of games, can only think of tales and sakura wars as a decent anime. FF, DMC and most SF animes were pretty bad.

Having seen XMB wallpapers appear on the Playstation store Ages ago i figured it'd be out soon enough. Anyway, I've done abit of reading up on Dante's Inferno. And i must say....Having seen the words "Virgil" and "Dante" and demons from hell I'm writting this off as a very cheap piece of crap begging to be DMC. Especially when the sole purpose is to hunt down the one who's captured his love (a hint of Nero anyone?)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dante%27s_Inferno_(game)

Needless to say...I'm not bothering with this.

The Blue dragon however....Now i've been wanting to get hold of the series and watch some of it, The Similar styles to Dragonball Z Brings back a sort of Nostalgia.

SF, Bleach, Deathnote, D Gray Man and Evangelion Don't interest me at all unless i'm getting a boxset...Boxsets are cheaper than buying the bloody things seperately! (FMA Taught me that)

Dante's inferno' inspiration was a book that preceeds DMC just for a few centuries... Main characters were Dante, Virgil and Beatrice.

It was written by a priest called Dante Alighieri and was called originally "The Divine Comedy". It tells about Dante's trip to Heaven, Hell and purgatory.

There was no chassing after a "lost love" in the original, but that's pretty commom place anyway.

chaos said:
Dante's inferno' inspiration was a book that preceeds DMC just for a few centuries... Main characters were Dante, Virgil and Beatrice.

It was written by a priest called Dante Alighieri and was called originally "The Divine Comedy". It tells about Dante's trip to Heaven, Hell and purgatory.

There was no chassing after a "lost love" in the original, but that's pretty commom place anyway.

I did read up on it too mate ;)

But as i've seen and played DMC more than heard of this book and story before...its only natural to put the DMC first :p

Fair enough.
But in the end, I must agree that Dante's inferno as a game might be a DMC rip off. But the anime might be good, considering they are getting some big anime producers to make it.

Back