Anime references in music video

melonpan

Death Scythe
I just randomly found this video (because the amazing Frankmusik did a remix for it), and it has lots of anime references - as seen in the lyrics next to the video.

No idea who TEef is though, looks like another one of the new and upcoming bands. Hrm.

"He buys bare gundam and reads new type and now they wanna dub man (OH)"

"Got skills they lack like Gurren Lagann license to Gainax"

lol

evangelion rocks said:
I remember there was a Michael Jackson video that had some clips of old Tatsukono anime playing in the background.

Aye, Scream had some anime clips.

The other big one I can think of is Barenaked Ladies' song One Week, which has a lyrical Sailor Moon reference and was pretty mainstream. And of course these guys. Sorry, shocking video quality.

R

Gundam models can be seen several times in Linkin Park's "Somewhere I belong" MV. That's all I got, but I think the Barenaked Ladies one was the best one so far. (Always been a fan of that song).

Jayme said:
Kanye West songs are flooded with wannabe nerdy lyrics and videos.
"Yes, yes, yes guess who's on third? · Lupe still like Lupin the Third."

Madonna used clips from Perfect Blue on her tour, unfortunately along with the Perfect Blue clips were hentai clips mixed in.

50 solid released a pokemon song into the charts that isn't officially part of pokemon

worst yet, it did quite well in the charts XD

Sy said:
Madonna used clips from Perfect Blue on her tour, unfortunately along with the Perfect Blue clips were hentai clips mixed in.
It probably made more people buy Perfect Blue.

Frankly this strikes me as even sadder than rap songs which name drop brand names every few seconds in order to sound cool. It just makes me cringe. What next? Let's have some Dungeons & Dragons and Warhammer references thrown in.

"Yo, now ah gotta roll ma D12, kill that troll wit' ma greataxe."

Making subtle references hardly anyone will pick up on, good. Name dropping to show off your fandom, bad.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/I2KpEUgCPq8&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/I2KpEUgCPq8&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

44 seconds in. "Outlaw Star, like Gene Starwind." When I heard this at 13 playing THPS3 I was AMAZED at a rap tune having an anime reference.

I remember there was a music video ages ago that used clips from "cobra the space pirate movie"

somewhat marginally related to topic

Back