Anime on TV shocker (It's Metropolis on Film4)

The film is ****, the film is old, it's on TV, people will watch it, people will hate and anime will be hated.

This is life, it cannot be changed, the cycle will continue until the end of time and anime will be hated.

Old has no set definition in terms of time, genius. What came out 8 years ago is pretty ******* old.

I own it on DVD. I watched it. It bored me and I can't remember much about it. I do, however, remeber watching an extra where it's pointed out that a lot was added to the original work that was in the manga.

And, before you turn Tezuka into another Evangelion or Final Fantasy, you're a gigantic faggot. All you ever do is latch onto the work of one person or company and never bother with anything else.

I'll be honest, I'm probably one of the few members of the forum that has to to see this. I keep seing the words "old" and"Metropolis", which keeps reminding me of the 1927 German film. If I have time to kill, I'll be sure to record it and give it a watch.

Aion said:
Old has no set definition in terms of time, genius. What came out 8 years ago is pretty ******* old.

I own it on DVD. I watched it. It bored me and I can't remember much about it. I do, however, remeber watching an extra where it's pointed out that a lot was added to the original work that was in the manga.

And, before you turn Tezuka into another Evangelion or Final Fantasy, you're a gigantic faggot. All you ever do is latch onto the work of one person or company and never bother with anything else.

...Recommend person above me prescribes for more potent anti-depressants.

Chrono Mizaki said:
Oh, I was interested in that. Was about to buy it, but I'll watch it on Film4 now.

Has anyone watched Metropolis before hand and if so, what was your opinion on it?
Excellent movie, yea it's a little dated but the animation doesn't dissapoint from the excellent plot and I think they did it far better than the review gives it credit for.
Will-O'-The-Wisp said:
Aion said:
The film is ****, the film is old, it's on TV, people will watch it, people will hate and anime will be hated.

This is life, it cannot be changed, the cycle will continue until the end of time and anime will be hated.
Aion said:
...Recommend person above me prescribes for more potent anti-depressants.
I recommend a bullet to the head but that may be my Biased opinion considering I like the mentioned old and **** movie. :evil:

Now now. 'Tis better to for us fellow fans to maintain a stiff upper lip about this sort of thing, even if others are gleeful not to.

No matter what anyone says it is a good to see anime on TV, and it is a good anime to be shown on TV. It works well alongside the regular re-showings of Ghibli.

I saw it when it was shown at the cinema. Have since purchased the region 1 dvd and seen it when it has been shown on tv.

I think it is a good film - maybe an 8/10

I have seen the dub and sub versions and both are very good and the soundtrack is great.

SundayMorningCall said:
do'h

*facepalm*

i cant believe i did that, lol!
Not to worry. The standard DVD release is quite cheap from quite a few places, in case you're still interested.
(I'd love to see the Japanese Blu-Ray release though.)

Back