Anime on Netflix

Dan

Stand User
So I've signed up for Netflix and plan on watching some anime that I haven't bought for one reason or another but I have a few Netflix related questions.

I've been watching Space Dandy, I did originally get it from LoveFilm/Amazon but even though I didn't enjoy it ive got this over whelming urge to keep going back in. I'm still not sure what I think but im getting off topic now. So I've been getting a bit irritated by watching it on Netflix as they don't seem to have sign subbed it for the English dub and the last few eps had Japanese text on screen and I had to flick on the subs then turn them off again. Which is a bit irritating as it's not just clicking one button. It happened a few times in the zombie episode. I know they do sign sub anime as I watched an ep of Fairy Tail and that was fine, so anyway I reported it to them but wondered if anyone knew how long they took to sort this kinda thing if they do at all?

Has anyone else watching an English dub noticed issues with other series on there? Did u report it? If so did anything happen?

Another question i have is I noticed Knights of Sidonia has the Netflix logo which indicates it's a Netflix original. Just wondered how it's a Netflix Original, did they put money behind it before production? Or some other reason?

Last edited by a moderator:
Aren't Manga involved somehow in bringing Sidonia to Netflix? I'm sure an eventual physical release was talked about at the time too, but who knows if that's changed given their current troubles.

Re. Subtitles - Netflix is actually ahead of the game compared to many other VOD platforms that often only offer the English dub.

Lutga said:
Aren't Manga involved somehow in bringing Sidonia to Netflix? I'm sure an eventual physical release was talked about at the time too, but who knows if that's changed given their current troubles.

Re. Subtitles - Netflix is actually ahead of the game compared to many other VOD platforms that often only offer the English dub.

Netflix was involved with the production on Knights of Sidonia as far as I'm aware.

Manga have been keen on getting the physical rights to the show if that's what you were referring to.

Still, can't believe that once Manga releases the Harlock movie they'll remove it from Netflix, kind of stupid.

NormanicGrav said:
Still, can't believe that once Manga releases the Harlock movie they'll remove it from Netflix, kind of stupid.

Thanks for the tip, I'll make sure I get that watched.

Back