Anime not released here yet!!!??

rocklee

Great Teacher
hey all i (as well as others might) like to rant about anime that isn't scheduled to be released here yet like:
GTO,Gravitation and deathnote (i know america are just getting it)
but i am glad to know that bleach is finally being released and peach girl has aswell :D

There are plenty of other titles that aren't getting released. Hundreds even. If your impatient for a particular release, Just import. :X

Most of the large popular releases are out here 6 odd months after they are released in R1. There are however other releases that take longer, and even some titles we have lost hope in which come out. Berserk being released by MVM for example.

As a rule of thumb is probably best to import if there is no release planned six months after the US version.

It also depends on what company has it in the US and what studio animated it. If it was licensed by ADV or Manga *the second especially* then its pretty much garneted a UK release at some point unless it flops in the US. If FUNImation has it and its not by GONZO we could see it in the UK through Revelation films although if its by GONZO then its more likely something MVM will launch. If it was licensed by Bandai then if it's popular then we might see it through Beez *although not always*. And if its licensed by Geneon, Media Blasters or CPM so on then think of it this way, Its not getting a UK release unless MVM or Manga sublicense it.
That’s pretty much the way it is. So yeah it kinda sucks. There are loads of series I would love to see on DVD in the UK Outlaw Star, Haruhi, DearS, Rurouni Kenshin the TV series, Love Hina again, FLCL, Origin Spirits of the Past, Kamichu, Desert Punk, Hellsing Ultimate, Samurai Deeper Kyo are just a few to boot. So yeah....

For the ones you mention, GTO is unlikely since I don't think there is that big a market for it here. ADV UK are highly unlikely to risk Gravitation due to it being old and their historic lack of success with shoujo anime. Death Note is rumoured to be under negotiation by Manga so that could appear here as early as the beginning of next year.

well yea that kinda sucks but you don't see any yaoi anime around..but gravitation is still popular with the remix manga released in feb this year..i pain for me is that with the card i got at the moment i can't pay for stuff from america so there go them!
i know anime like bleach is comin over quickly which is fab
but ppl like me who at the mo don't have the net at home then it sucks cause i can't download fansubs (im in an internet cafe)
and the tv series on jetix is starting to overtake the manga that i have if naruto!

rocklee said:
... pain for me is that with the card i got at the moment i can't pay for stuff from america so there go them!

I had a similar problem with only having an Electron card, but I found out I could use it at both

www.up1.co.uk and www.otaku.co.uk

It's not quite the same as ordering direct from the states but at least I can usually get the items I want. :D

Have a look, maybe they take the card you have. :D

Or failing that, Otaku take Paypal if you have that.

Sakimori said:
Lupus Inu said:
I'd like Blue Submarine 6 to get an UK release some time in the future... =/

I thought it already was? I'm sure they showed it on CNX *wow thats a blast from the past* back in the day?
It was shown yes, but was it actually released on VHS/DVD? If not, I hope it does, one day... ._.

Sakimori said:
Lupus Inu said:

I thought it already was? I'm sure they showed it on CNX *wow thats a blast from the past* back in the day?
A licence for TV does not indicate a licence for DVD, just as having a DVD licence does not automatically preclude the licence to the TV rights as well.

Link100p said:
McIcy said:
I get all my anime imported I gave up waiting for UK releases long ago.
Does that cost much more?

I've started to think about imports up1 prices and the current exchange rate are in my favour.

Not really usually I order enough to get me free shipping plus it means I don't have to wait for R2 releases, bonus of having multi-region players

Gawyn said:
Sakimori said:
Lupus Inu said:

A licence for TV does not indicate a licence for DVD, just as having a DVD licence does not automatically preclude the licence to the TV rights as well.

I know that 8)
I was just thinking if it got shown on TV it was more likely it would have been launched on DVD. But then again they showed Outlaw Star as well and that hasn't been launched here on DVD.

McIcy said:
...it means I don't have to wait for R2 releases, bonus of having multi-region players

I understand where you're comming from with this, I used to be dead set against importing, ( and still am to a degree, ) but there have been certain series that arn't getting or have no signs of getting a region 1 release that I had no choice with. :?

It's a bit of a catch 22 though. The pricing, lack of special editions and long waits for series means that people import, but because people import, region 2 sales are lower than they would otherwise be, and so because it seems like the marking isn't big enough we end up with higher prices, no special edition and long waits for series. :?

i've said this before & again Lupin needs to be released here, so many people are missing out on its genius. Hopefully Revalation will start to release it

I'm getting to the stage where I may well get a multi-region DVD player and start importing. I like to support the UK industry and I do when I can. Still, When I look at stuff like Berserk thats taken nearly a decade to get here its a little depressing.

I'd just like to see my favorite series' before I go gray

So, yeah 'Full Metal Panic TSR' and 'Monster' - someone please license these for the UK! :x

Back