Anime Limited licenses Mobile Suit Gundam: The Origin

Details are sketchy but there's been at least one mention that the plan is apparently to do an extended adaptation of the prequel stuff (which we get midway in the manga) and then closer to the 40th anniversary hit the stuff where the classic story begins at Side 7.

I could believe it because evidence is that The Origin was greenlighted way back when MSG flopped in America and this has been a long term plan to do something that can be sold globally in both comics and animation to address the issues the ageing MSG has in the 21st century.

Either way, lovely news and come pay day I'm getting in on this :) Just hope that the actual production holds up to the manga. Yas did a really good job .

I'm interested to see how frequently these releases come out - if Anime Ltd is looking to do a cheaper edition in 2016 - will that be a complete set, or just a standard edition of part 1?

If all pre-orders for part 1 have to be in by April - am guessing we'll likely gets hands on the release by May, so maybe Part 2 by Q3? Or will they try and squeeze four parts into the year?

Lutga said:
I'm interested to see how frequently these releases come out - if Anime Ltd is looking to do a cheaper edition in 2016 - will that be a complete set, or just a standard edition of part 1?

If all pre-orders for part 1 have to be in by April - am guessing we'll likely gets hands on the release by May, so maybe Part 2 by Q3? Or will they try and squeeze four parts into the year?

If Origin is in fact four volumes, I was thinking among the lines of Funimation's Ghost in the Shell ARISE releases (two volumes in one part). I would go with that if possible (assuming it's 2 volumes a year that is).

Back