Anime Limited licenses Martian Successor Nadesico for Blu-ray!

I'm curious if there are new masters around, or will we have the JP masters that have a few issues with them.

Apparently from an old fandom post thread there are interlacing and aliasing issues. I wonder if @anime_andrew can enlighten us to what source is being used for this release.

Oh it looks pretty in HD. I have those ADV DVDs from the late 90s/early 2000, and while they've served me well, they basically look like ADV took footage off of a VHS tape and just stuck it on some DVDs. If that trailer is anything to go by it cleans up incredibly well and that can only be testament to the quality of the cel animation. I will definitely be upgrading.

I'm curious if there are new masters around, or will we have the JP masters that have a few issues with them.

Apparently from an old fandom post thread there are interlacing and aliasing issues. I wonder if @anime_andrew can enlighten us to what source is being used for this release.

I wonder if they're referring to the Nozomi remastered DVD collection, as that's an interlaced transfer that suffers from more than its fair share of judder. It looks better than the ADV DVDs, better definition, crisper colours, sharper overall, but it's certainly not smooth in motion.

I wonder if they're referring to the Nozomi remastered DVD collection, as that's an interlaced transfer that suffers from more than its fair share of judder. It looks better than the ADV DVDs, better definition, crisper colours, sharper overall, but it's certainly not smooth in motion.

The post was comparing Rightstuf's DVDs, ADV DVDs, and JP BD. I'm going to guess Rightstuf's was Nozomis?

Back