UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

UK preorders for The Great Pretender are up -£99.99 EB price.

It's not that lavish. I has a decent sized booklet, and extra cases, for some reason. Aside from that, it's on par with their other releases. As such, I would prefer to be priced similar to releases of other recent two-cour shows, like Shirobako and Parasyte.

Ridiculous price for a two-cour show.
Does seem they are going down the video game industry route of "stuff an artbook and a poster into a package and call it a deluxe/collector's edition" so we can charge £100 for it.

Hopefully there'll be a standard edition at some point for a more reasonable price because I do like the show.

It's not that lavish. I has a decent sized booklet, and extra cases, for some reason. Aside from that, it's on par with their other releases. As such, I would prefer to be priced similar to releases of other recent two-cour shows, like Shirobako and Parasyte.
Does seem they are going down the video game industry route of "stuff an artbook and a poster into a package and call it a deluxe/collector's edition" so we can charge £100 for it.

Hopefully there'll be a standard edition at some point for a more reasonable price because I do like the show.
I honestly think a fair price would be £50-60 I think most people think it’s overpriced but the show is really good so probably worth it still

These are valid points, I guess I am being optimistic about supporting AL for the future, cuz the show sounds amazing, but it's partly cuz I was expecting this edition to cost more at EB and when it cost less than I expected I was like... "that's not so bad" but tbf I don't plan on buying a lot of anime CEs this year (more standard editions), this at least actually feels not like it's just a perfunctory CE done cuz AL do CEs for almost everything :)

These are valid points, I guess I am being optimistic about supporting AL for the future, cuz the show sounds amazing, but it's partly cuz I was expecting this edition to cost more at EB and when it cost less than I expected I was like... "that's not so bad" but tbf I don't plan on buying a lot of anime CEs this year (more standard editions), this at least actually feels not like it's just a perfunctory CE done cuz AL do CEs for almost everything :)
Yeah I completely get that, especially if it's a show you really really like! When they announce those Naruto and Bleach collector's editions I am going to be instantly pre-ordering those even if they're £200 each 😂

It's a touch higher than what I would like, but I have to keep in mind that if they released this in 2 sets, the early bird price would be £40 each (£69.99 srp). There's an uplift, but not as much compared to just the 3 disc Sentai clone sets.

as an aside, Re Zero season 2 may well be released in 2 parts, there's 4 discs on the CR side to clone so split that down the middle, £80 for the whole thing.

It's pricey, but I have spent more on importing AoA sets with less contents in general compared to this Great Pretender set. Hopefully the discs are handled well in the end.

UK preorders for The Great Pretender are up -£99.99 EB price.
I haven't seen it but for that price I hope it's the best show out of Japan this decade lol.

Tangential question

I'm trying to clear stuff out as I'm honestly running out of media space, does the AL Evangelion blu ray box set make the DVD copies of Death & Rebirth and EofE completely redundant?

I'm keeping my DVD copy of the tv series given the Fly Me To The Moon difference but is there any difference for the 2 movies in question?

How the hell can I get Anime Ltd to reply AT ALL?
I've used their contact form, I've emailed directly, no reply AT ALL in over a month.
-- Nothing in my spam filter and I receive their offer emails and 'thank you for your message' automated emails.
I guess I'll have to do a chargeback.

Yet they have plenty of time to post random shite on twitter!

"On this day back in this year, such & such TV series/movie was released in Japan/Japanese cinemas".

I mean who the **** really cares.

& yes I will start complaining about my December 8th order, as it has not shipped yet all the items appear to be in stock.

Tangential question

I'm trying to clear stuff out as I'm honestly running out of media space, does the AL Evangelion blu ray box set make the DVD copies of Death & Rebirth and EofE completely redundant?

I'm keeping my DVD copy of the tv series given the Fly Me To The Moon difference but is there any difference for the 2 movies in question?
To add to ActionFaust's comment: a quick glance at the back of the Manga Entertainment release, it does miss some bonus content (from what I do recognise: in-depth index of characters, Angels, Evas and terms; phpto gallery, manga previews). And I do believe no audio commentary is available on AL's release? Though I could be mistaken. And after all: the original US dub isn't in the standard edition, but that shouldn't be an issue considering (based on you mentioning your item being a box set) the Collector's Edition does have the original English dub of ADV on it.

Yet they have plenty of time to post random shite on twitter!

"On this day back in this year, such & such TV series/movie was released in Japan/Japanese cinemas".

I mean who the **** really cares.

& yes I will start complaining about my December 8th order, as it has not shipped yet all the items appear to be in stock.
To be frank, it's most likely an automated system they're using for marketing tweets planned in advance, compared to having an actual employee live tweeting the promotional stuff.

It doesn't include Death and Rebirth so you may want to keep that. The set instead features Death(TRUE)² which is the 3rd version of Death and Rebirth which has further edits to the Death chapter and removes the Rebirth chapter.

To add to ActionFaust's comment: a quick glance at the back of the Manga Entertainment release, it does miss some bonus content (from what I do recognise: in-depth index of characters, Angels, Evas and terms; phpto gallery, manga previews). And I do believe no audio commentary is available on AL's release? Though I could be mistaken. And after all: the original US dub isn't in the standard edition, but that shouldn't be an issue considering (based on you mentioning your item being a box set) the Collector's Edition does have the original English dub of ADV on it.

To be frank, it's most likely an automated system they're using for marketing tweets planned in advance, compared to having an actual employee live tweeting the promotional stuff.
Thanks folks

Ok I may keep Death & Rebirth then but sounds like EofE is safe to go (I recall the quality of the dvd being terrible anyway)

If Suzume's release is anything like Crunchyroll's Dragon Ball Super: Super Hero release, we should get a Suzume 4k ~6 months after the blu-ray release in April.
Thank you! I will wait then and hope for a 4k release at some point

Since it seems to be working wonders, I’m going to complain on here about my order from the 4th not being shipped yet 😂
It is like magic right? everyone complaining here seems to get their orders shipped !

Yeh its sort of getting on my nerves now tbh
Nowadays it doesnt take a lot, as it seems all uk customer services are total trash, see why so many collapse with such dire services and no updates to show for it
Must be my age starting to show and years of the utter trash cs catching up

Back