UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Oh for the love of.... Missing an entire episode on the Blu-ray disc, after all this wait for almost year to get it? Well, that will definitely call for a disc replacement program. Ugh. Always fun to do that internationally.
Holy sh*t. I did not order Nadia but I am still horrified. It took almost a year for AL to relase it and it has an entire episode missing?! That's bonkers.

I mentioned this on both Twitter and Bluesky, but when I received the Nadia UE, I noticed a QC error with the A4 book. It seems that even they can't decide if it's spelled Marie or Mary (they also misspelled it as Maria and even misnamed her as Nadia).View attachment 31425
One user on Twitter, who goes by the username AniSenior, has pointed out to me another QC error in the book. They misnamed King as Nadia too.

Does anyone speak business?

Alright so I pulled up the foot notes over on Simply Wall Street and the paper copy of the report.

They lost money this quarter and they are trying very hard to gloss over that. Anime Limited isn't mentioned at all apart from a general expected increase in revenue from their tv show portfolio.

There is the tldr :p

Last edited:
Really dont know whats worse....

Naming (and missnaming) someone 4 times on a single page. If it was on different chapters, that would make sense... But on a single page?
As someone with a little more understanding of how QA works in publishing, that to me actually makes more sense than if a character was misnamed throughout a work. It just means whatever happened revolved around that particular page, which in the grand scheme of things is easy to understand being missed in a much bigger release.

As someone with a little more understanding of how QA works in publishing, that to me actually makes more sense than if a character was misnamed throughout a work. It just means whatever happened revolved around that particular page, which in the grand scheme of things is easy to understand being missed in a much bigger release.
Valued reply and makes sense. I don't have the book but if it is only a single page or short section then yeh, something went wrong here

Would be interested to know if its a recurring thing in the book or just a simple slip

(When I said different chapters I was meaning how different translators would translate her name, but yeh, this would be easily picked up in QA rather than a single section that this seems to be)

Very much a Thank You for the reply

I mentioned this on both Twitter and Bluesky, but when I received the Nadia UE, I noticed a QC error with the A4 book. It seems that even they can't decide if it's spelled Marie or Mary (they also misspelled it as Maria and even misnamed her as Nadia).View attachment 31425
Sorry to double post, but it seems that the QC problem with the A4 book is not the only issue with the Nadia UE. I tested out both the regular BDs (which used Sentai's masters) and the 4K BDs (which were authored by VDMS). Disc 2 of the regular BDs is missing episode 18 (which is intact on the 4K BDs). When you either choose to play all of the episodes or select episode 18 individually, episode 10 is played instead, regardless of which audio option you choose on the menu.

Oh for **** sake, £150 for the set & a 11 month wait for it to be released & they still screw up. Anime Limited really are a joke of a company. 😮‍💨

Nope, I will not pre-order any Collectors Edition sets from AL anymore, especially their Christmas sale pre-orders - I will wait for them to actually release and order them after they are in stock and verified without issues from now on. Not even Free international shipping and 15% off coupons are enough of an incentive to tie up my money on delayed pre-orders anymore.

Last edited:
Nope, I will not pre-order any Collectors Edition sets from AL anymore, especially their Christmas sale pre-orders - I will wait for them to actually release and order them after they are in stock and verified without issues from now on. Not even Free international shipping and 15% off coupons are enough of an incentive to tie up my money on delayed pre-orders anymore.
Welcome to true enlightenment.
I stopped preordering over a year ago 😇

Back