UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

The mind boggles at how many copies of this thing they must have made. I swear it's been given away during the last four or five Christmas sales. It is eternal.

It was early times and you can tell by how they overestimated its sales potential. Either that or they got a really good price a piece for a huge number of copies lol.

For the record, I've made my part and got it during one of its innumerable 5 pound sales. Eternal indeed ⏳

Any of ye know how fedex do import charges for eu orders, my 1st order was shipped with fedex and I’m not sure
Typically they'll deliver the package and then you'll receive an invoice in the mail for the VAT and their charges like a week or two later, more recently they also seem to email you the invoice in advance if they can, they still deliver before requiring payment even in this case though.

I wonder if Cardcaptor Sakura will get a 4k release in the future since they keep talking about the new 4k scan 🤔 What do you think? 🙂

I shudder to think about the 4k price for such a huge series. I think using a 4k scan on normal blu rays is the perfect compromise for something that won't cost a thousand quid lol

nKtrkcXh.png

ENHANCE

h5387ujh.jpg

Oh God, VAT + processing costs over here. It's gonna come out pretty expensive and that's on top of 2 orders from the Christmas sale.
Not just VAT, but customs duty too because it's over €150, I did the math on it when it was up for order, and even with free shipping and the 10% discount it came to a total of €258 when you add in VAT, duty and fedex charges.

This was with irish VAT (23%) and duty (12%) rates, and with whatever the euro~sterling exchange rate was at the time.

Worse, as it's over €150 it's liable for duty as well as vat.

Not just VAT, but customs duty too because it's over €150, I did the math on it when it was up for order, and even with free shipping and the 10% discount it came to a total of €258 when you add in VAT, duty and fedex charges.

This was with irish VAT (23%) and duty (12%) rates, and with whatever the euro~sterling exchange rate was at the time.

My bad, customs duty is what I meant when I wrote "processing".

And yeah, FedEx charges, oh man. This had to be evangelion. It's gonna hurt.

Worse, as it's over €150 it's liable for duty as well as vat.
Partly true.

At least from Rightstuf I never paid duties for Manga, Novel, DVD, Blu-ray or Soundtracks as they declated them as...
Harmonized Tariff Number "4901990093" for "PRINTED BOOK (VAT exempt/reduced inmany jurisdictions including CA/UK/EU)"
and "8523499000" for "RECORDED OPTICAL MEDIA FORREPRODUCING REPRESENTATIONS OFINSTRUCTIONS, DATA, SO"
Both have 0% duty on top of the VAT ;)

However, as one of my orders contained a small Ritsu Bag ( Ritsu Right Stuf Anime Mascot Drawstring Bag ) they charged me a few pennies duties for this.

I don't know about duty rates for Vinyl and board games - but I guess you wouldn't order THAT many ;)

Note:
UP1 used "Harmonized Tariff Number" 85234910 for DVD/Blu-ray - also 0% duties.

Last edited:
Books have zero duty in Germany, but optical media has 3.5%. (I paid those a few times directly with the customs.)
I think there were also differences by country, just like how tax rates are different.

Those Irish numbers make it sound like forwarding it via Germany may be cheaper even with shipping from Germany to Ireland....

Back