UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

So if a new EB goes up each day does that mean it will only be available to pre-order for that single day?
The EBs will remain available at an early bird price until 17th, then it'll go to their usual price point.

Out of the 11 EBs, the only one that's really got the potential to sell out is Cardcaptor Sakura. The rest will likely remain in stock until sometime in 2022.

The codes are a one time use. You could wait until 12th to use the one off code. Or if you have subscribed then use your 10% off at all times.
As for the early birds they tend to go on until at least the 12day sale. That finishes on the 13th

The EBs will remain available at an early bird price until 17th, then it'll go to their usual price point.

Out of the 11 EBs, the only one that's really got the potential to sell out is Cardcaptor Sakura. The rest will likely remain in stock until sometime in 2022.
Is cardcaptor limited edition?

No. It's CE, rather doubt it'll sell out unless they've dramatically underestimated the interest. On a related note I've never received a code from AL and I'm a newsletter subscriber and a unlimited member.

No. It's CE, rather doubt it'll sell out unless they've dramatically underestimated the interest.
Well you never know, the international audience is already thirsty for AL's sales. While CCS is an expensive set, considering it's currently the definitive English release I'm expecting Utena levels of sales early on.

Without the films though so nowhere near perfect (I know NISA’s doesn’t have the films either but AL has licensed one of them so they could have included sealed card….)

Last edited:
No. It's CE, rather doubt it'll sell out unless they've dramatically underestimated the interest. On a related note I've never received a code from AL and I'm a newsletter subscriber and a unlimited member.
I suspect just an over sight, maybe even gone into your spam filter (sometimes my dispatch notifiactions go in to spam.)

The only other thing would maybe be what your marketing prefrences are (bottom bullet of terms and condition):

Terms and condition for 10% (email subscription) from email:
  • Usable once per customer only, for a 10% discount on all products in that order.
  • Multiple accounts per customer are not permitted and will result in orders not being honoured.
  • Minimum purchase of £50.00
  • Not redeemable with any other discount codes.
  • Usable across all products on store for the sale period (excluding buy one get one free offers)
  • Code is valid from 16:30 on 1st December until 17:30 on 13th December 2021.
  • Must have "accepts marketing" preferences turned on.
But yeah probably worth an email.

For CCS, what would the inevitable standard edition even look like?

The same as the CE just without the (rather small) booklet, or without the box too so just two loose amaray as part of the one release?

I know they only ever have early bird offers for limited edition CE's, but I half suspect CCS may be an exception to this rule, and that this edition is effectively the standard one and not limited.

This might also explain why they didn't announce any details about the release itself, but did actually give us the price, unlike all the other early bird releases launching during the sale...

No it’s a CE. Look at most of those sets Kakegurui’s book length made me cry with laughter cos 3 years waiting no original dub and less than 40 pages.
Oh sorry there is a surprise maybe the original dub….

For CCS, what would the inevitable standard edition even look like?

The same as the CE just without the (rather small) booklet, or without the box too so just two loose amaray as part of the one release?

I know they only ever have early bird offers for limited edition CE's, but I half suspect CCS may be an exception to this rule, and that this edition is effectively the standard one and not limited.

This might also explain why they didn't announce any details about the release itself, but did actually give us the price, unlike all the other early bird releases launching during the sale...
The design itself reminds me of Gundam, so it could be split into two standard edition part sets to be honest. Then again it could turn out like Black Clover with a 10 disc fat BD case set.

Without the films though so nowhere near perfect (I know NISA’s doesn’t have the films either but AL has licensed one of them so they could have included sealed card….)
I reckon that The Sealed Card couldn't be included with the TV series is because of different licensors (NHK for the TV series and Kodansha for The Sealed Card), and I'm guessing AL wouldn't be allowed to release something with separate licensors together.

Full Metal Panic IV: Invisible Victory (Standard Edition) - January 3 2022

Megalobox (Standard Edition) - January 10 2022

Fuse (Standard Edition) - January 17 2022

Royal Space Force: Wings of Honneamise (Standard Edition) - January 24 2022

There's a chime on my e-mail inbox and a feedback request from Zavvi shows up, wanting to know what I think of their customer service.

I'd just started typing, and there's a thump on my doormat. The Evangelion set has arrived at last, one month after they raided my bank account. I suppose I'm going to have to edit my feedback now...

There's a chime on my e-mail inbox and a feedback request from Zavvi shows up, wanting to know what I think of their customer service.

I'd just started typing, and there's a thump on my doormat. The Evangelion set has arrived at last, one month after they raided my bank account. I suppose I'm going to have to edit my feedback now...
Feedback should say.

"You got lucky this time"

And let them ponder what you mean lol

Back