UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Great Stuff!
Thanks for coming to my rescue!

I've just subscribed to their (un)limited service, just wondering what to expect for the rest of the year and most of 2022.

I wonder if there are any other recentish or older movies that they will be getting the license for?
All the Anime seem to have a high-strike rate for those. (for all that aren't co-produced with Funimation like you mentioned anyways)

Plenty of announcements upcoming on that frontier in due course :D.

Best,

AP

Evangelion arrived. Happy I got this for £80 as its a really nice set. Thanks AL

Edit. Has anyones order been marked as shipped? Mines still processing lol

Hey I'm new here (usually lurking here and at blu-ray.com) and I was just wondering what you guys think about the mediaholders of the NGE Ultimate Edition? I can confirm that the german release, which is almost identical to the US and UK Ultimate Edition, won't feature disc trays inside, like this Gurren Langan Limited Edition
, but will look like the 20th Anniversary Cowboy Bebop Edition by AlltheAnime. And I'm really worried about scratches because I had the worst experiences with this kind of packaging, next to sleeves.

So I'm hoping for early shpping of the Collector's Edition by zavvi, because they also completed my PayPal payment today.
Slightly off-topic: Does anyone know what region(s) the discs in this (Japan) TT:GL set are?
Although I do have a multi player, it’s not my main one. The handful of JP releases I’ve previously imported have all been fine through a combination of checks and luck.
This would be to replace my current UK set - I’m not really planning on keeping both, so fully usable discs are better!

Slightly off-topic: Does anyone know what region(s) the discs in this (Japan) TT:GL set are?
Although I do have a multi player, it’s not my main one. The handful of JP releases I’ve previously imported have all been fine through a combination of checks and luck.
This would be to replace my current UK set - I’m not really planning on keeping both, so fully usable discs are better!
I believe JP blu rays are region free. I've played my JP blu rays on my multi region blu ray player when it's been set to UK and USA.

Quick question about the audio drama on FMP Invisible Victory; where’s this best watched….er, listened to?
If you mean where in the series, after Second Raid but before Invisible Victory. I watched/listened to the Dancing Very Merry Christmas Audio Drama myself just last week, and it was my first Japanese audio drama. It was an interesting experience.

legally speaking would AL be able to license an anime and release it for purchase only through their store without a BBFC rating? they do something on a similar level with the Japanese imports

legally speaking would AL be able to license an anime and release it for purchase only through their store without a BBFC rating? they do something on a similar level with the Japanese imports
As far as I’m aware, AL are just the importer of record for those imports. They just facilitate the import on our behalf including any taxes and paperwork.

There are a whole five subtitled screenings in the country, that’s not nothing. Cinemas clearly have no confidence subtitled screenings would sell; blame UK anime fans for not supporting subtitled theatrical releases enough.

I dont know if someone from AL would be able to comment on this, but I'm always curious which is more popular.

For every anime movie that comes along, I do check the seat bookings for dub and sub screenings, and subtitled showings are pretty much always more popular based on the amount of seats booked. (and thats even the case for shonen series where you might expect a higher amount of dub watchers.)

I dont know if someone from AL would be able to comment on this, but I'm always curious which is more popular.

For every anime movie that comes along, I do check the seat bookings for dub and sub screenings, and subtitled showings are pretty much always more popular based on the amount of seats booked. (and thats even the case for shonen series where you might expect a higher amount of dub watchers.)
The subtitled screenings at my local Odeon are usually pretty full of people, but not at the local Showcase. And it seems to only be Showcase doing the subtitled version; sadly my local didn’t make the cut.

Back