UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Seems the Black Lagoon page has updated with non finalised artwork of the set, it has 4 discs, not 5.

What?! How? Two seasons and OVA on only 4 discs? Not liking that scenario at all - just cram it all in, why don't they. Well, I see they will still be using a 6-panel digipak, so definitely worth it - at least there's lots of artwork! And, we did get the infamous revybum on the front of the box.

What?! How? Two seasons and OVA on only 4 discs? Not liking that scenario at all - just cram it all in, why don't they. Well, I see they will still be using a 6-panel digipak, so definitely worth it - at least there's lots of artwork! And, we did get the infamous revybum on the front of the box.
That wouldn't be an issue depending on if the license allows it, seasons 1 & 2 across 3 discs and the ova on the 4th.

I've noticed the pack shot for On-Gaku has disappeared. I don't know if that's been taken down by mistake or they have had to change it?

I could only guess, but I would assume it would. But something to bear in mind is a standard edition maybe could be split up into 2 or seprate buys (although I think I saw somewhere that it is now 4 disc so they have maybe they re-organised the episode layout, but with that I would think maybe they would leave it as a set)
The other thing is sometime the standard edition aren't that much cheap if going off pre order prices. Demon slayer is a prime example, the CE were both £35 each and the standard is also £35 each with currently 25% off part 1 if bought together, which works out as £61.24
But you then can't add you 10% Anime Unlimited discount code, which you could add to CE's which total too £63 for the CE

But honestly I think demon slayer is a one off (or I hope so), cause that pricing is just silly.

It's basically matching the Funimation release, which was three Blu-rays for the 24 episodes and one Blu-ray for the 5 OVAs.

I've got it ordered, even though I own the Funimation version but I've been waiting for a moment like this to have a Region B package that isn't KAZE.

That black lagoon set looks nice. This is going to be one where I have to ask what is the actual show about/like?

Mercenaries for hire, they own a PT boat as one of their main transport, lots of guns, Russian mob, the underworld, assassinations, intense action, and tons of foul language in the English dub, especially from Revy, the main character. Awesome series!

Apologies if I sound too pointed on point 1. Looking at it with my reporter hat on and thinking how I'd get a story out of it (see/enjoy movie, review movie + get a Q&A article out of it too). I was just surprised it was such a short segment.

No worries - I completely get it too! If it's a comfort, I watched poor Justin Johnson try to whittle as much out of the turnaround time as he could to get extra minutes into the Q&A too so all of us on this side get it too!

Back