UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

125 -> 79GBP. Nice deal, lol xD
woah the hell?
ok this may call my UE pre order into question, there's not enough difference for £120

ok question 1) just to be certain, the HMV Edition is just the Standard Edition, yeah?
2) how reliable is Zavvi, and when do they charge for pre orders?
3) I assume I can cancel my UE with no issue?

Last edited:
So I'm now paying £121 more just for different packaging on the ultimate edition... Eek.
I'm going to mull this over, but I may well be switching my UE pre-order to the CE,

woah the hell?
ok this may call my UE pre order into question, there's not enough difference for £120

ok question 1) just to be certain, the HMV Edition is just the Standard Edition, yeah?
2) how reliable is Zavvi, and when do they charge for pre orders?
3) I assume I can cancel my UE with no issue?

It wouldn’t necessarily be quite that much price difference for everyone, as some will already have the 10% discount, and Zavvi charge postage no matter the price.
But that price:extras argument against the UE is quite strong, especially when we know it falls short of hopes and ideals.

Having said that; I‘m still happy to pay for such an essential release, and I do simply prefer to get the most comprehensive version (realistically) available.

So; I‘m keeping my UE order: I’d probably otherwise also have to write off the (Un)limited cost, as I’m yet to see anything related to the ‘exclusive products and offers’ or magazine, so am rather pessimistic about it’s actual value.

Kaze released Black Lagoon on 5 Blu-rays....
isg0SyV.gif

what's wrong with the black lagoon blu rays?
All releases, including the Japanese BD, suffer from a lot of banding, but it's the Funimation BD that suffers the most from it (and Funi BD is also encoded with wrong gamma). In that regard the Kazé BD fares better, but Kazé BD is missing the 5.1 mix of the dub.

Last edited:
Usually if translated for the simulcast it'll definitely be there for the homevideo but will take a look into it. Running behind on my simulcasts this season now I'm done with Tokyo Revengers I confess so shall take a look (guessing from the question it is translated in those subs though).

Will see what the plan is for homevideo with everyone in English territories!

AP
Thanks for the response. Since the last post I've now caught up on episode 10 and it's quite inconsistent with what parts get translated. One part 5 minutes in is left untranslated while another part 15 minutes in is fully translated which seems rather unnecessary due to the context of the scene. I recall there were some inconsistencies in previous episodes as well so it's a bit unfortunate that this will likely be in the home video release.

Damn, in for Josee and Black Lagoon
I agree! I'm all in!

...a Digipak to hold those Blu-ray discs sporting a stunning piece of artwork...
Can this possibly mean we could get an awesome 5-panel digipak with glorious spanned artwork across it for Black Lagoon? Or will they go on-the-cheap for a 3-panel digipak with overlapping discs on two panels (boo!)? I really hope it's a 5-panel - that's an instant buy for me if so! But whichever, AL needs to at least learn to do digipak art like Studio Canal does for their Studio Ghibli Collector's Editions, gorgeous 3-panel art! They did almost do that for the Planetes digipak, but then slapped a stupid logo on right in the middle of a clean image. 😑

Last edited:
I agree! I'm all in!

Can this possibly mean we could get an awesome 5-panel digipak with glorious spanned artwork across it for Black Lagoon? Or will they go on-the-cheap for a 3-panel digipak with overlapping discs on two panels (boo!)? I really hope it's a 5-panel - that's an instant buy for me if so! But whichever, AL needs to at least learn to do digipak art like Studio Canal does for their Studio Ghibli Collector's Editions, gorgeous 3-panel art! They did almost do that for the Planetes digipak, but then slapped a stupid logo on right in the middle of a clean image. 😑
It will very likely be the usual one panel approach since they have done 5 disc panels before I think.

Either way, I want more clarify with the discs before I consider double-dipping.

A disappointing blog, and slate for this month.

A vinyl, a standard edition, a CE for an old show that had a previous BD release here, and a BD for a film I don't care about.

With this I doubt we're getting Cardcaptor Sakura in 2021 since this month's slate items are releasing late November. I wish they would just say if things have been pushed to 2022 now so I stop getting hopes up.

A disappointing blog, and slate for this month.

A vinyl, a standard edition, a CE for an old show that had a previous BD release here, and a BD for a film I don't care about.

With this I doubt we're getting Cardcaptor Sakura in 2021 since this month's slate items are releasing late November. I wish they would just say if things have been pushed to 2022 now so I stop getting hopes up.
Do what I do, just assume that nothing has a set release date so then when a blog comes out you can be pleasantly surprised or whatever about it.

Well I'm sure both Josee and Black Lagoon will get pushed back three times each at least, to around June or July of next year, anyway... AL has to keep with their usual delayed-release schedule for all Collector's Editions, right?!

I'm a sucker for romance anime, which I'm assuming Josee is, although it is is total blind buy for me. But Black Lagoon is a Top Ten Anime Of All Time for me, so I'm definitely in for a nice digipak set, as the US Limited Edition set I have is in that plain olive-drab ammo tin box, which is really cool but has no artwork, so this UK digipak set should compliment it very well.

Last edited:
Back