UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Some items Cant be shipped to destination

Happened after madman revealed there Slate ......

If you're in Australia or wherever Madman is supposed to be releasing it officially, then you're probably out of luck. I tried shipping it to France at first and it wouldn't let me because a French edition has also been announced, I'd wager.

Madman's edition is stupidly expensive, like 275 gbp right

I tried shipping it to France at first and it wouldn't let me because a French edition has also been announced, I'd wager.
I have been told by a few French users that because Anime Limited has a French branch (which in a lot of cases offers the same set for some shows), the French users can't order through UK AllTheAnime and vice versa.

Well yes, a distributor is not supposed to ship to location it doesn't have the rights to.
Honestly, I don't see the fuss about other x or y editions, They're all going to be the same content-wise. Only apparent difference is the exterior packaging and disc count (which is higher 33% in central Europe curiously).

On the one hand End of Eva on the big screen would be amazing to witness, definitely would go, but I can't deny that I wonder how the audience would be with that one.
It's certainly not my intent to put you off or anything, but your post can't help but remind me of something that I couldn't understand when I saw Evangelion 3.0 at Glasgow Film Theatre during Scotland Loves Anime 2013.

You know the part in the film where Shinji screams in despair and throws his SDAT player against the wall? Well, for some reason, the audience seemed to find that somewhat amusing. 🤨

I really don't get that.

It's certainly not my intent to put you off or anything, but your post can't help but remind me of something that I couldn't understand when I saw Evangelion 3.0 at Glasgow Film Theatre during Scotland Loves Anime 2013.

You know the part in the film where Shinji screams in despair and throws his SDAT player against the wall? Well, for some reason, the audience seemed to find that somewhat amusing. 🤨

I really don't get that.
Oh dear, that would completely negate the excitement & fun of watching those on the big screen. Hmmm, makes me only want to watch them in smaller & more personal screens with lower likelihood of boisterous behaviour...

I really don't get that.
Yeah its odd, I "kinda" get it, in a sense I've come to understand the meme nomenclature of Eva, as in I can see why somebody would find such a scene funny, not that I see Eva in that way myself, but rather I see meme culture and internet humour and what people seem to find funny these days on the internet and in that context I can see why one would laugh. It's like that one scene in End of Eva, yeah you could laugh and say "lol thats not yogurt on his hands", or you could be, I don't know, disturbed. I don't find that scene funny, but knowing what makes the internet tick, it makes sense that it would be a joke to them. Maybe its the absurdity of it all, or trying to laugh in an awkward environment, like how I would laugh whenever I was sent to the headteachers office, which would piss the headteacher off, but, eventhough I knew I was in trouble, I'd laugh. In a sense Evangelion has a double life today, I almost see people recommend Eva with this "you're gonna see some ****/can't wait for your reaction to this crazy scene!", but I just remember watching it earnestly without any of this surrounding it. Now it's, Shinji get in the robot, but I just felt sorry for him.

Oh dear, that would completely negate the excitement & fun of watching those on the big screen. Hmmm, makes me only want to watch them in smaller & more personal screens with lower likelihood of boisterous behaviour...
To play devil's advocate somewhat here (as I also don't find humour in that scene), isn't the whole point of the cinema experience to see the film with an audience? To be given some insight into the reactions / interpretations of others?

I didn't realise how funny Hitchcock's Rear Window is until I saw it on the big screen with an audience who laughed along with it. I've enjoyed it much more ever since.

It's a bit different if they're talking over the film, playing on a phone or doing modern dance in the aisles but I say let them laugh, let them cry; the cinema isn't just a projector and a big screen.

It's a bit different if they're talking over the film, playing on a phone or doing modern dance in the aisles but I say let them laugh, let them cry; the cinema isn't just a projector and a big screen.
Just a projector and a big screen would be perfect for my antisocial backside actually! Hence my significant jealousy at @Girls with Gun's home cinema!

But yes I completely agree with your point on the communal aspect when everyone is in fact enjoying themselves. It was in fact some really disruptive behaviours I was reminiscing about that irritated the crap out of me in the past (usually in horror movies where the whole atmosphere is ruined by some muppet repeatedly shouting "don't go in there" and other invaluable insights along those lines....).

I rarely enjoy watching stuff at the cinema because the people who ruin the viewing experience inevitably outweigh the positives of watching it with other people.

A small personal cinema where you can view stuff with friends/family would be far superior!
Yup nothing would beat that for me, I just can't afford one, nor have the space for one heh.

Don't get me wrong though, I personally love the cinema and have really missed it thanks to Covid, as in my experience majority of the times people have thankfully been very civilized.

I wonder how many sets the whole Inuyasha anime will be split into. Any guesses?

Most likely 6 if same as US, but remember AL hasn't even licensed Season 2 onwards so for all we know this is the only set.

The Final Act, and the films would probably be 2 additional sets if they ever happen

Most likely 6 if same as US, but remember AL hasn't even licensed Season 2 onwards so for all we know this is the only set.

The Final Act, and the films would probably be 2 additional sets if they ever happen
I see! Not sure if I will get it then. Maybe it's safer to wait for a bit.

Happy to pick up InuYasha Season 1. Worst case scenario is if it is dropped, then the US releases will my backup for later seasons. I suppose I can understand the concerns about not guaranteeing the later seasons (especially if you do own some of it at least) but I'd rather get the more than likely better release of season 1 (compared to Viz's first season) and then settle for the Viz sets later.

Last edited:
If anybody fancies feeling titilated I found a copy of the Laser Disc Evangelion set on ebay:

I'd have taken those extras over the paperweight even if I did have to wrestle my 2 year old for dominance over the mass produced eva plushie! There's actually quite a few on ebay if you want to trawl through pics like I did ;)

Edit: Also this first press dvd set:

I wasted money on the Fabulous Films DVD release of Inuyasha Season 1 Part 1 back in 2007. There was never a Part 2.

They've still got a page for it on their website (and Amazon has a single copy available for £7.99)! 😅

I remember it sold really badly, but I can't find anything about it now. I'm pretty sure it only sold about 500 copies, which is probably why Fabulous ditched it right away.

Back