UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

I had a figure in mind, what I would be willing to pay for the Evangelion collection, and it was just a little bit more than what I paid for the Fullmetal Alchemist UE, which I though was generous given that it would have half the episodes, although it would have the movies. It turns out that they've doubled up on disc count anyway, for the original dub/sub and renewal versions.

Does anyone know if they are different edits? Is there any reason why they couldn't be on the same discs, just have the episodes with four audio tracks/sub tracks instead of just two?

Either way, it means that the ADV dub/sub version won't be in the eventual collectors/standard release. Actually, do we even know if there will be a collector's/standard release for Eva?

Does anyone know if they are different edits? Is there any reason why they couldn't be on the same discs, just have the episodes with four audio tracks/sub tracks instead of just two?
It could be a legal requirement of their contract to license the show. Maybe the old dub was essentially a seperate license so had to be on seperate discs.

Long time no see everyone, I hope that you've all been well over the last year. Crazily I still haven't seen 3.0+1.0 because I'm waiting for my new TV to arrive, apparently DPD lost it so they've got another sent out, no idea how one loses a TV. Avoided the spoilers some how so hopefully I can make it a few more days, it's only been like 9 years in the making. Regarding the ultimate edition...well I couldn't do it, I had the checkout page open and was so close but I need that 200 for other things cough pokemon cards cough Good luck to all that pick it up, I wonder how quick the 1.5k will sell out.

I feel like the Netflix release has taken the wind out of any super-ultra-mega-expensive ULTIMATE EDITION. I mean I love Eva and will probably pre-order the UE, but these aren't the days when Eva had been out of print forever and the only way to watch it legally was to buy some colossally overpriced eBay auction.

I mean you can just go on Netflix and watch it right now and that's going to be good enough for all but the most hardcore weeb physical disc collectors. 5 years ago I could see myself spending £300+, but I honestly think if it's more than £150 I'll probably just pass.

I just bought it for £200 so I guess I'm full of it 😁

Its probably gonna be cancelled though. It clearly states on the FAQ that they only ship within the UK and Ireland.
We'll see.

Otherwise a big FY to whoever organised this licensing disaster. No way for mainland EU people to get a set with English subs then?

Nice usage of LD artwork. Although I am very conflicted about the Asuka side of the outer box with "Neon Genesis Evangelion" text put at some random place in the white area.

We'll see.

Otherwise a big FY to whoever organised this licensing disaster. No way for mainland EU people to get a set with English subs then?
It's actually how it should always be, distributors are not allowed to ship directly a product to a country they don't have the license for.

That €17 fee is what FedEx charge for customs clearance, not shipping.

It is very large in comparison to the local postal service who charge €3.50 for the same service.
I know, what I mean is that shipping from their store has always been €11,50 for me, and was never sent through FedEx. So why they would do that now for that price, it doesn't compute for me ;)

Not going to lie, for this price I'm rather gutted that Fly Me To The Moon still isn't included

Anyway, in other news, AL are hinting at a standard edition in their comments in the facebook post that is advertising the set

I know, what I mean is that shipping from their store has always been €11,50 for me, and was never sent through FedEx. So why they would do that now for that price, it doesn't compute for me ;)
It's due to being a large item. It states in the FAQs that all orders will be shipped via FedEx.

Interesting that the ADV dub is on seperate discs, it's possible if there's another version, it'll be cut. I suggest if you want that, really consider it. otherwise it could be the Khara approved Netflix/VSI dub only in any revision (that is currently being hinted at in ten days time).

I'd love a standard edition, I'm too broke. I'm not gonna lie tho, when this sells out by the end of the day I'm gonna feel a little gutted missing out but to be honest I'm not too keen on the laserdisc design as I have them all anyways :p

Thats what I'll tell myself.

Back