UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

I'm on the lines of £80 for the series and £15 each for the movies.. So totalling around £110 with an RRP of £150. EB maybe £90?

Less than others have said in this thread but I think much more would be an easy miss for me

i found this image of Italian set at bluray.com forum. Here is link: Neon Genesis Evangelion Ultimate Edition » QuestNews

here is list of content in that edition.

The exclusive box with magnetic closure and special print contains:

• NEON GENESIS EVANGELION television series of 26 episodes
  • Movie "Evangelion Death Truth"
  • Film “The End Of Evangelion
  • Book of about 140 pages containing detailed explanations of the episodes, notes, insights and other curiosities.
  • 60 page art book
  • 60cm x 90cm poster depicting an illustration by the character design of the series
  • 25cm x 25cm maxi postcard depicting an illustration by the master Yoshiyuki Sadamoto
  • Three A4-size posters dedicated to films
  • Eight collectible postcards
  • Two exclusive gadgets: NERV key ring and Misato cross pendant necklace.
Plus, 120 minutes of extra content:

• Episodes 25th and 26th in home-video version (original language with Italian subtitles)
  • NEON GENESIS EVANGELION: Genesis 0: 0 IN THE BEGINNING (presentation documentary of the work with interviews with the staff)
  • NEON GENESIS EVANGELION: Genesis 0: 0 ′ THE LIGHT FROM DARKNESS (documentary with interviews with Japanese voice actors, previews and much more)
  • Rush video to indicate the durations for dubbing and sound reinforcement
  • Original 5.1ch surround soundtrack (22 tracks selected by director Hideaki Anno)
  • Audio recordings of the auditions of the Japanese voice actors
  • And much more.

1628794074658.png

Had a quick look at their previous Ultimates to jog my memory and the look like this:

Eureka Seven - srp £180 sell price £130
Wolf's Rain - srp £150 sell price £110
Perfect Blue - srp £100 sell price £90
B: The Beginning - srp £130 sell price £100
Gundam SEED - srp £200 sell price £130

Looking at that and considering we're talking about EVANGELION which probably had a seven figure licence price and looks to be a joint UK/US/AU release I think anybody who thinks this is going to have an srp of under £200 is kidding themselves...

If AL proves me wrong I'll be very happy though.

Had a quick look at their previous Ultimates to jog my memory and the look like this:

Eureka Seven - srp £180 sell price £130
Wolf's Rain - srp £150 sell price £110
Perfect Blue - srp £100 sell price £90
B: The Beginning - srp £130 sell price £100
Gundam SEED - srp £200 sell price £130

Looking at that and considering we're talking about EVANGELION which probably had a seven figure licence price and looks to be a joint UK/US/AU release I think anybody who thinks this is going to have an srp of under £200 is kidding themselves...

If AL proves me wrong I'll be very happy though.
I’m expecting it to be the same price as Cowboy Bebop’s UE was.

I think I'll let the super fans get their hands on this and I'll (hopefully) grab the CE in a year or 2.

I already have the best version of Eva on my shelf The manga

I have a weird feeling I will say the rebuilds are the best due to my turn towards love of 3.33 but we shall see tomorrow. (For me the manga is by far the worst version atm)

The trinkets seem to be unique to each edition, so I'm wondering if the UK will get an Adam mask pin. That could look cool. Also a Unit 01 helmet Keychain so I can forever leave it in the box so as to not feel like it's incomplete.

Not gonna lie but I feel like I'm the only one in this universe (Anime viewer) who hasn't even watched the original EVA as of present.

Though I'm still going to dip on this release because I'm not buying no tin box at the current market price ಠᴥಠ

However if the UE is over £190 I'm doing a 180° 🚪

Not gonna lie but I feel like I'm the only one in this universe (Anime viewer) who hasn't even watched the original EVA as of present.

Though I'm still going to dip on this release because I'm not buying no tin box at the current market price ಠᴥಠ

Not seen Eva? Shame! Shame! Shame!

Don't worry, you're not alone - I've only seen the 1.0 and 2.0 movies 😅

I've never watched any Evangelion stuff yet (and I haven't seen any Gundam stuff either 😜 ), so you're not alone, I swear there are dozens of us! Dozens!

I honestly have no idea whether this is something I'd be into or not, but I'm pretty sure the price is going to rule out a blind buy for me, so I'll probably try watching the 1st couple episodes before the early bird ends to see if I'm interested.

I’m expecting it to be the same price as Cowboy Bebop’s UE was.
sounds like a reasonable estimate. Both shows are 26 episodes long and while Evangelion has also two movies in it, it probably wont include any CD discs as bebop did.

the only problem is that Cowboy Bebop UE was £300, according to what I see on the internet... That's way more expensive than majority of users in this thread hope for

Is it normal for blu ray editions to copy each other like that? I just don't see why GKIDS/All The Anime edition would look similar to this edition

The international release seems to be coordinated - Korea's getting it next month, Italy later and presumably the UK and US release will be pretty simultaneous and before the end of the year. We know the details of the Korean and Italian releases and, although they look different, the video content appears to be the same - Episodes 1-26, Death(True)2, End of Evangelion, 25' Air, 26' Magokoro wo Kimi ni, the "Genesis 0:0 - In the Beginning" and "Genesis 0:0' - The Light From the Darkness" promo videos and no Fly Me to the Moon.

E5rDD4AXEAEh1Xg

Also,

any ideas on what this is?

Essentially, it's End of Evangelion split into its two parts with added credits sequences. Of all the alternate presentations that were included with the Japanese Blu-Ray set, this is the most pointless and inconsequential. So, naturally, it appears like this is the one Khara has cherry picked for the international release :p

Back