UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

I watched HELLO WORLD earlier today as part of this year's online-only Japan Foundation Touring Film Programme. It's wonderful.

What are the chances of a UK Blu-ray release?
🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏
I watched this as well and found it very well produced in terms of the visuals & sound with a sweet story. But...it didn't quite hit the highs for me from the story and characterisations viewpoint. Would describe it something akin to being produced by an AI, ticking all the right boxes but maybe lacking heart somewhat.

But...it didn't quite hit the highs for me

ruri-ichigyo-172036.jpg

You've upset Ichigyo now.

Looks like the EB for F91 is next week on the 19th

I've never been more excited to preorder a film that I don't like.

It is, of course, disappointing and more than a little ridiculous that half a decade on none of the substantive extras are available to AL. But I'll probably get this - the price is reasonable and I'm presuming that even if I were going to pay top dollar to import the Japanese release that none of the extras would be subtitled.

It is, of course, disappointing and more than a little ridiculous that half a decade on none of the substantive extras are available to AL. But I'll probably get this - the price is reasonable and I'm presuming that even if I were going to pay top dollar to import the Japanese release that none of the extras would be subtitled.
The fact Toho would now allow its 4K version to be cheap-ish is surprising to me. As they were very protective of YN in 2016.

The fact Toho would now allow its 4K version to be cheap-ish is surprising to me. As they were very protective of YN in 2016.

The fact that they've allowed that but aren't allowing more extras just makes it more confusing. But it's 5 years down the line, you'd have to think that any Japanese consumer who wants it already has it by now. Especially those who might entertain that mythical idea of 'reverse importing'

Back