UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Oh no, it was mainly dvds I needed a player for US imports... Maybe I should just import a US blu ray/dvd player instead..
Ah! Well, one further possibility then is that you get a stand-alone multi-regional DVD player (not BD as well). They are hugely cheaper and much more readily available. There’s loads on Amazon in the £20-30 price range.

If you do that, then you could still use the PS3 for the BD disks you have from other regions with a jailbreak.

FYI I just got my faulty disk drive working, so I’m finally now watching my region A JoJo’s collector’s edition Blu-rays! 🎉

Huh, maybe I’m just being thick but I see that Millennium Actress has a standard edition blu ray release now? I don’t recall this ever being announced?

tbh, if I’d known that was coming I’d have just gotten that instead of the LE and saving some money

Huh, maybe I’m just being thick but I see that Millennium Actress has a standard edition blu ray release now? I don’t recall this ever being announced?

tbh, if I’d known that was coming I’d have just gotten that instead of the LE and saving some money
AL not usually announce standard editions unless it's something that comes out far ahead of the CE. But for movies it's usually a good bet that there will be an SE shortly after the CE I have noticed.

Oh no, it was mainly dvds I needed a player for US imports... Maybe I should just import a US blu ray/dvd player instead..
This may not be the ideal option, but I have a PC with a random spare DVD Drive (I don't know how I aquired so many but I did) and just changed the drive to region 1.
But I also have a normal PC blu ray drive that I don't change the region for but I use "Leawo Blu ray" player (free) which plays some of the region A (NOTE it sometimes say it won't take region B), so I assume it is software encoded.
But also have the PS3 CFW option but like other have mentioned I struggle to get DVD to play.

Yup, No reason as to why in the email:

Hello there,

I hope all is well.

You're receiving this email as you have placed an order for PLANETES Blu-ray Collector's Edition from our AllTheAnime.com online shop.

We're contacting you to make you aware the release date of this product has changed and is now set to arrive in April 2021, with the exact date to be made known as soon as possible.

We sincerely apologise for this.

How does this impact the status of my order?
Simply put, it doesn't. Nothing changes whatsoever barring the date of release.

But we will add that as soon as stock is available at our warehouse we intend to begin shipping orders for this product as soon as possible.

Can I change my shipping address?
Yes! If you believe or know your shipping information will be different to what was noted at the time of ordering, please do let us know by responding to this email (confirming the order number in question too) and we can get those details updated for you accordingly.

I hope this information helps but do let us know if you have any questions.

Some of the highlights

Children Who Chase Lost Voices - Steelbook (includes soundtrack CD) and Standard Edition pre-orders launch this Friday, February 5th. Releasing March 1st.
Charlotte Complete Series Collection - Like the Erased and Kill La Kill sets but no pre-order launch date yet. Releasing March 29th.
KonoSuba Season 2 - Pre-orders launch February 26th. Releasing 22nd March.
Planetes -Early Bird Redux, I guess for this one. Pre-orders at the EB price launch February 26th. Release date now TBA April.
Your Name 4K - Pre-orders could launch sometime this month. No other details yet.
Persona 5 - Pre-orders won't start until March at the earlist but info about the release should be available soon.

5 Centimetres Per Second, Eureka Seven Hi-Evolution and SAO Alicization Part 2 are getting SE releases on March 1st, March 22nd and March 29th respectivley.

Konosuba Season 2 & Your Name 4K is a definite for me. I've already got the Japanese Limited Edition of Children Who Chase Lost Voices so I think I'm good there.. my fictional wallet takes a sigh of relief.

I've already got the Japanese Limited Edition of Children Who Chase Lost Voices so I think I'm good there.. my fictional wallet takes a sigh of relief.
Ha! I was lulled into deciding I would start collecting anime steelbooks for series I liked a few years ago, because there were very, very few steelbook releases out therefor anime, and most of those at the time were UK steelcases I imported. I had never collected steelbooks for live-action Hollywood movies, so I thought it would be kind of cool and fairly easy to just do it for anime steels... Now I'm kicking myself because it seems EVERYTHING anime is coming out in a steelbook version now, so I'm having trouble keeping up, lol!

SO, even though I have Children who Chase Voices in both the original and the better-quality Sentai Blu-ray releases, and like you the JP LE box set, I'll have to quadruple-dip on the dang UK steelbook too, I guess... twist my arm already! Well, I guess it's still not as bad as me collecting all the US Studio Ghibli Steelbooks slowly releasing now, when I've got 5 or 6 different copies of most Ghibli movies on my shelf already, whaa-haa! 😭

Very glad they split my delivery on an order that included a lot of released items alongside a pre-order of Planetes. That would have been a long wait! 😛

I keep hearing that Konosuba is a really fun series, so I’ll try to find time to watch it soon and see if it’s something I’d like to pick up.

I just got the Planetes E-mail delay yesterday.

My Guess is that the pre-orders must have exceeded the initial pre=order stock number and are waiting for a new batch so they can ship it out to all customers to minimize complaints about shipping delays.

Oh well, just wait a couple of more months.

Back