UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Remember a couple of years ago when we all thought that Sony distribution centre was bad? 😄
That was when I joined the forums lol.

Well to be precise I found this place after googling to see if there were any possible discussions about Anime Limited's christmas sale because at the time I had no frame of reference to know if the mystery boxes were actually worth the price they were advertising and I was skeptical. I also bought Nadesico CE and Lupin part 4 in the same sale (yes I checked my purchase history lol).

spoiler alert the mystery boxes that year and the following turned out to be a great investment and I can attribute them to me still watching new anime shows. Before that I just kind of watched maybe one anime show a year which caught my interest.

It looks like a deinterlacing problem that creates a comb effect on the lineart. The Nozomi Utena DVDs had the same problem, though it was even worse on those. It's been six months since I watched the blu-rays, so I can't remember exactly how often the problem shows up, but I'd guess it affects 40-50% of scenes in the TV series. From what I recall, it seemed to affect individual scenes rather than whole episodes.
I am still a noob, so my eyes are unfortunately not experienced recognizing that. Can you post a screenshot of an episode of Utena where this problem is apparent? And is this also a problem the Japanese Blu-rays have?

Last edited:
Remember a couple of years ago when we all thought that Sony distribution centre was bad? 😄
DADC is/was pretty good, when AL let us keep the duplicates i think made most of the money back i spent on them originally and on zoom they were a good indication that i'd get a slipcased version of movies, but that's getting totally random now

I am still a noob, so my eyes are unfortunately not experienced recognizing that. Can you post a screenshot of an episode of Utena where this problem is apparent? And is this also a problem the Japanese Blu-rays have?
Sorry, the blu-ray drive on my PC is set to zone A, so I can't play UK discs on it. I don't know if the problem is on the Japanese release.

It's a problem that falls into the your-mileage-may-vary category. It's noticeable for me because my setup means I'm pretty close to my TV.

As I mentioned above, I can't take screenshots of it, so I've tried just photographing the TV. The first shot of Utena shows the comb effect on the lineart. The one below it is clean shot of Miki that doesn't have the problem, for reference. Bear in mind that I've zoomed in on a section of the screen in both cases.
IMAG0135.jpg
IMAG0137.jpg

Has anyone that ordered Code Geass R3 from Amazon actually received it yet? They claim to have lost mine but given the price has now, finally, gone up on their listing I get the feeling they've just cancelled them and are trying not to admit they messed the pricing up.

Has anyone that ordered Code Geass R3 from Amazon actually received it yet? They claim to have lost mine but given the price has now, finally, gone up on their listing I get the feeling they've just cancelled them and are trying not to admit they messed the pricing up.
I got mine from Amazon yesterday after them sending it out for delivery twice and then rescheduling.

For me, this affected both Code Geass and SAO.

Had to use the live chat and got replacement orders sent out at no additional cost, even though the price went up.

Last edited:
As I mentioned above, I can't take screenshots of it, so I've tried just photographing the TV. The first shot of Utena shows the comb effect on the lineart. The one below it is clean shot of Miki that doesn't have the problem, for reference. Bear in mind that I've zoomed in on a section of the screen in both cases.
Many thanks! That looks indeed quite problematic. So this is because of deinterlacing?

I got mine from Amazon yesterday after them sending it out for delivery twice and then rescheduling.

For me, this affected both Code Geass and SAO.

Had to use the live chat and got replacement orders sent out at no additional cost, even though the price went up.
Interesting, sounds like there are definitely some problems around releasing it for them anyway, I'll give the live chat a try, thanks.

Many thanks! That looks indeed quite problematic. So this is because of deinterlacing?
I could only guess at the cause. If the comb lines weren't so sharp and high resolution, I'd almost think it was noise from a damaged analogue tape source. As it is, it looks more like the alternating scan lines have been horizontally misaligned by several pixels somehow.

Nozomi's DVDs had the same problem, but even more noticeable because of the lower resolution. That suggests it's baked into the materials AL received from Nozomi, which is why I haven't bothered complaining to AL about it.

I got mine on Monday after they delayed the delivery from Sunday, which was unusual for Amazon for me but otherwise was no issues.

I got mine on Monday after they delayed the delivery from Sunday, which was unusual for Amazon for me but otherwise was no issues.
Looks like the same happened to me, except it got changed to Monday/Tuesday, then "Your parcel may be lost" last night, then today it went back to arriving today and thankfully it has shown up this time. Likewise, this is a very rare issue for me, I think it's only the second time a Prime delivery hasn't come when they said it would.

Back