UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Gundam Narrative has problems.

Wrong brightness and artifacting. I'll post some screenshots of that later today.

It also seems to be based on theatrical version as you can see here: Gundam Narrative | Slowpoke Pics

Edit: Maybe the Oedo artifacts aren't something that you're supposed to see unless the TV settings are improper or something.

Wrong brightness and artifacting. I'll post some screenshots of that later today.

It also seems to be based on theatrical version as you can see here: Gundam Narrative | Slowpoke Pics

Edit: Maybe the Oedo artifacts aren't something that you're supposed to see unless the TV settings are improper or something.
Aw man that's not good. I'm still waiting for my copy from AOL and it's been nearly a week since dispatch.
If only AL used Nozomi version.....

My settings are relatively normal, so that’s what’s making me concerned. As the series predominantly takes place during night scenes, the artifacts are more obvious.

They mentioned it was an upscale in the announcement video iirc because I was aware of it since well before the preorder went live. Maybe it was shortly after but I do remember it getting mentioned somewhere along the line.

The higher brightness enhances and exposes the noise and posterization present in darker colors: Gundam NT UK/JP/US | Slowpoke Pics

After sampling a few scenes, I have to say that it's not that bad of an encode (but not good either) even with the wrong brightness, noise & posterizarion in darker colors and some artifacting, but when also taking into consideration that this BD not only uses the theatrical version, but is also missing extras that the US BD has, I'm very disappointed.

Last edited:
Back