UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Could just be some delays in the mail, I've had stuff that was sent via royal mail on Friday last week and it has yet to arrive. My AL order from the first day only arrived today and that one I paid extra for Fedex delivery.

Bringing back memories of the 2018 sale.

I made 5 orders (mainly the BOGOF deals trying to match up in price) on day 1, the mystery box came today (attempted to deliver on Monday but it wasn't the usual postie who knows the safe place), 1 more (the last of the 5 made) shipped and arrived on Monday.
Another one got shipped on Friday which the RM tracking says should be attempted delivery tomorrow.

Although none are urgent as they will only go to the back of my pile to watch

I too have been waiting for my day 1 order to ship, which luckily it was today, so they may be getting ready to send a cluster of them out very soon.

@Dave1988 Mine was the exact type of order as yours (some showing as reprint but in stock when placed).

Great to see Planetes rescued. Are there any other old Beez titles still waiting their turn? Gunbuster 2 comes to mind, but I can't see it getting a release before/without the original.

Great to see Planetes rescued. Are there any other old Beez titles still waiting their turn? Gunbuster 2 comes to mind, but I can't see it getting a release before/without the original.
A few examples:
  • The Big O
  • House of Five Leaves
  • Immortal Grand Prix (IGPX)
  • Midori Days
  • My-HiME
  • Sound of the Sky

My order from the 3rd hasn't been shipped yet, despite everything showing as in stock when I ordered. A few days later, and 1 item of my order is awaiting reprint. With the news from AL that shipments might be delayed till after Christmas because of that, I might have to cancel my order next week. Brexit is looming and I don't want to pay import fees on items that could have been sent out in time.
My order from the 2nd till haven't shipped either. Everyting showed as in stock when I ordered too.
I'm sure AL is doing what they can to get everything out before Christmas.

Still with Brexit and the risk of import fees. Honestly I hope AL have this in mind.

A few examples:
  • The Big O
  • House of Five Leaves
  • Immortal Grand Prix (IGPX)
  • Midori Days
  • My-HiME
  • Sound of the Sky
I would like to see s-CRY-ed series released again.
I still have the old BEEZ single DVDs and they come with good extras such as interviews, voiced manga chapters, audio picture dramas and commercials.

It would be great if they release the series again along with the 2 compilation movies together. Here's hoping

My order from the 2nd till haven't shipped either. Everyting showed as in stock when I ordered too.
I'm sure AL is doing what they can to get everything out before Christmas.

Still with Brexit and the risk of import fees. Honestly I hope AL have this in mind.
They usually get a lot of orders on the very first day (based off previous years sales), and with the Buy one get one free, I would think alot of people including my self did a few orders to make use of codes / BOGOF ect.

I have a fullfiulled order for Day 1 at 6.30PM and an unfullfilled order for 8PM, so hopefully that give you a gauge of where they could be upto, the 8PM order was plastic memories and Escaflowne and march comes the lion part 2 (which i don't think have ever gone out of stock and then awaiting reprinting (Escaflwone is now out of stock so maybe that has slowed it down)).

But yeah just a lot of orders to go through and it takes time, and Day 1 orders to get fully done I think was a week and a bit last year (but there will/should be mention of it in the previous christmas thread if curious).

They usually get a lot of orders on the very first day (based off previous years sales), and with the Buy one get one free, I would think alot of people including my self did a few orders to make use of codes / BOGOF ect.

I have a fullfiulled order for Day 1 at 6.30PM and an unfullfilled order for 8PM, so hopefully that give you a gauge of where they could be upto, the 8PM order was plastic memories and Escaflowne and march comes the lion part 2 (which i don't think have ever gone out of stock and then awaiting reprinting (Escaflwone is now out of stock so maybe that has slowed it down)).

But yeah just a lot of orders to go through and it takes time, and Day 1 orders to get fully done I think was a week and a bit last year (but there will/should be mention of it in the previous christmas thread if curious).
Thanks for the info.
So you have an unfufilled order from the same day only hours apart wich hasn't shipped.
If AL takes the orders in chronological order wich I guess they do since that is most fair. Based on this my order won't ship for a while.

On top of that my order from AOL wich I made a few days ago have not shipped either, I guess with the latest AOL sales prices the sales have been so good they made a clog at AOL. My first order in December from AOL shipped the same day wich I quickly got used to and fond of. I am already getting antsy because my 2nd AOL order hasn't shipped.

One of my three Day 1 orders is now marked as fulfilled; one of the others has multiple ultimate editions so I wasn't expecting speedy dispatch anyway. Bargain pricing, so I can be patient. I have an unwatched pile to catch up on!

Speaking of...the past few days I binge-watched The Vision of Escaflowne. Although this was a first-time viewing of the series, the image of winged Van has lingered in my mind since...I must have been 11-12 years old when Anime Central was on air and Escaflowne was on not long before Fullmetal Alchemist. I would catch glimpses but for whatever reason it has taken me over a decade to actually watch it proper. It did not disappoint.

The series might be one of the best fantasy creations of the 90s - It very effectively incorporates shojo elements into what is obstensibly a shonen narrative and essentially, it's a steampunk twist on the standard 'evil empire' story but with influence from John Milton's Paradise Lost/Regained. Some of the colour-drained battle landscape shots actually reminded me of the work of Gustave Dore, who famously illustrated Milton's work, but it's The Enigma - which hangs in the Musee d'Orsay - that I thought of when viewing. When Van first displays his wings, Hitomi on the ground before him, it's like The Annunciation through the filter of fantasy. Narratively, it's perfect - there's no filler. Pretty much every scene has some importance to the overall narrative and the whole thing is like a freight train heading towards its conclusion. I'm a big fan of older / "classic" anime, but even some of the greats could cut whole episodes without losing much (I'm looking at you, Tomino). I've yet to watch the feature film, included with Anime Limited's Ultimate Edition, but I'm not looking forward to it; I don't see how you can consense this narrative further.

Yoko Kanno's score is gorgeous, utilising Gregorian chant to match the religious undertones and provide more gravity to proceedings. AL include the soundtrack on CD, which is a nice touch but my Blu-Ray player is now my sole disc player so I doubt I'll ever play it. It'd make a nice vinyl.

Last edited:
My order from the 3rd hasn't been shipped yet, despite everything showing as in stock when I ordered. A few days later, and 1 item of my order is awaiting reprint. With the news from AL that shipments might be delayed till after Christmas because of that, I might have to cancel my order next week. Brexit is looming and I don't want to pay import fees on items that could have been sent out in time.
Quoting myself, just got the shipment notification for my full order. So hopefully in time for no Brexit shenanigans.

Back