UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

This might have been updated and I missed it but Amazon have changed release dates for Turn A part 1 (now 14th Dec) and Code Geass Re;Surrection (now 25th Jan).

This might have been updated and I missed it but Amazon have changed release dates for Turn A part 1 (now 14th Dec) and Code Geass Re;Surrection (now 25th Jan).
cdc.jpg

On the plus side I have more funds for this quarter.

hine film before it changes and see what the service is like. Guess I can just wait and see if AL will release it. If they don't then at least the Japane

cdc.jpg

On the plus side I have more funds for this quarter.

Pointing out the obvious to people that this is COVID related again, we're as frustrated as everyone but at this stage it's basically in other people's hands and we're just coordinating. For what we can, stock will still go out in December from our shop as soon as it comes in though so will keep folks updated as we go!

Best,

AP

Pointing out the obvious to people that this is COVID related again, we're as frustrated as everyone but at this stage it's basically in other people's hands and we're just coordinating. For what we can, stock will still go out in December from our shop as soon as it comes in though so will keep folks updated as we go!

Best,

AP
Yeah it sucks, but on the plus side it means I have additional funds to use for this quarter.

Best,

AP
As with every release this year (not just from yourselves) its best to temper expectations when it comes to release dates.

I say this as someone who's had Cyberpunk preordered since 2019..... 😐 I have learned the art of patience the hard way.

Some things are unavoidable and it'll come out sooner or later so thanks for the transparency.

If Andrews still hanging around I missed watching the CM panel as it was on but having watched it I have a question.

You said at one point ALL Satoshi Kon's works are now split between yourselves and Manga... obviously MVM released Paranoia Agent but that was a long time ago and I imagine the licence has lapsed and is ripe for the picking. Can you confirm or deny you have it?

I will accept a 'no comment' 😉

You said at one point ALL Satoshi Kon's works are now split between yourselves and Manga... obviously MVM released Paranoia Agent but that was a long time ago and I imagine the licence has lapsed and is ripe for the picking. Can you confirm or deny you have it?

I will accept a 'no comment' 😉
Personally I don't see the point in re-licensing Paranoia Agent (yes it hurts me saying that) unless it was uncut this time around, but the BBFC ain't going to budge on their stance annoyingly.

Paprika and Tokyo Godfathers on the other hand I would love a CE.

Ideally it wouldn't be cut, but I don't agree that a 5+ hour series by a major director should never again get a UK release over a matter of 80 seconds.

I guess they were only referring to his directed works, but hopefully a UK distributor partners with Discotek for a release of Memories next year. Magnetic Rose is incredible.

Personally I don't see the point in re-licensing Paranoia Agent (yes it hurts me saying that) unless it was uncut this time around, but the BBFC ain't going to budge on their stance annoyingly.

Paprika and Tokyo Godfathers on the other hand I would love a CE.
Personally if I have to choose between losing a minute and a half and losing the entire series then its kind of a no brainer for me 🤷‍♂️

Can totally see people's point on not wanting to own it censored though but to me the series as a whole is a classic and isn't one scene that makes it that.

Of course I'm sure anybody who was against owning it censored will just import the US version anyway.

Personally if I have to choose between losing a minute and a half and losing the entire series then its kind of a no brainer for me 🤷‍♂️

Can totally see people's point on not wanting to own it censored though but to me the series as a whole is a classic and isn't one scene that makes it that.

Of course I'm sure anybody who was against owning it censored will just import the US version anyway.
I importing because I want it on BD not because uncensored, it is a nice bonus though

is BD production in the uk still or with sony DADC closing is it moving all abroad? could be a reason behind the delays

Best,

AP

is BD production in the uk still or with sony DADC closing is it moving all abroad? could be a reason behind the delays

BD production has never been in the UK - Sony DADC prints its Blu-Rays in Austria. There remains to this day zero Blu-Rays produced in the UK.

Best,

AP

Back