UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

If my memory is correct then I found it quite ridiculous the amount of fuss kicked up over it. I also felt shamed that it was pushed hard enough that Andrew gave into it which meant wasting a lot of money on reauthoring something when that money could have been spent better elsewhere.

I always wondered if such a fuss would have been kicked up if Andrew wasn't so set on appeasing the community as we've had far worse poorly QC'd shite from Manga UK over the years none of which was ever remedied (that I remember).

Edit: @Lambadelta Oops sniped :p. I really don't remember any of those issues, were they exclusive to a particular release? I have the Steelbook & Standard and never noticed anything really.

I mean, you can all speak for yourselves, but the authoring of the original BD was garbage. Scenes that had a lot of movement (the ones with heavy rain towards the end of the film in particular) were absolutely awful quality and more like something I'd expect to see from an old DVD, not a Blu-ray.

Similar to the Re:zero author, if you can expect to see better quality on an online stream than on a physical copy, someone done goofed.

That's very different. All I remember is a single perpetuated screenshot showing one very brief artifcated still with them both going downhill on a bike; that's why it all seemed a huge fuss to me.

That's very different. All I remember is a single perpetuated screenshot showing one very brief artifcated still with them both going downhill on a bike; that's why it all seemed a huge fuss to me.

It was the entire film that had issues. The bike scene was just a very good example of it.

Like the scene where the family is sitting in a room weaving a bracelet. There is bloody blocking in that near stationary scene. It was a joke.

We're paying money for a product, and it isn't unreasonable to expect better quality than a stream when your paying much more.

It was the entire film that had issues. The bike scene was just a very good example of it.

Like the scene where the family is sitting in a room weaving a bracelet. There is bloody blocking in that near stationary scene. It was a joke.

We're paying money for a product, and it isn't unreasonable to expect better quality than a stream when your paying much more.

I agree, I wouldn't be happy under those circumstances either. The whole reason I buy blu-ray is primarily because I like to own the best quality I can and actually have a physical entity not some imaginary ownership twisting in the unreliable ether of the internet. It's entirely possible both my copies are post-fix and that's why I never noticed anything.

I think some folks might've gotten a bit muddled up between the two different AL releases of Your Name.

The original one had compression artifacts (although I didn't find that to be all that noticeable, to be honest), but the big problem was that the audio was borked throughout the entire film. Truly, the audio was awful; it sounded thin and hollowed out. There were also some subtitle issues.

The second version fixed the compression artifacts, subtitles and audio problem, but introduced a two-frame video glitch late on in the film.

EDIT: Ah, apologies. It was the bike scene from the first version with the heavy pixelation being referred to, wasn't it, rather than the later one with the video glitch in the reissue? My bad.

Last edited:
I think some folks might've gotten a bit muddled up between the two different AL releases of Your Name.

The original one had compression artifacts (although I didn't find that to be all that noticeable, to be honest), but the big problem was that the audio was borked throughout the entire film. Truly, the audio was awful; it sounded thin and hollowed out. There were also some subtitle issues.

The second version fixed the compression artifacts, subtitles and audio problem, but introduced a two-frame video glitch late on in the film.

EDIT: Ah, apologies. It was the bike scene from the first version with the heavy pixelation being referred to, wasn't it, rather than the later one with the video glitch in the reissue? My bad.

Cleared it up for me. I was both right and wrong lol

I don’t know the series (and I never go to the cinema anyway), but I think it’s pretty cool stuff like this is getting a UK cinema release!

Back