UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

AL just sent out discount codes for the weekend to everyone on the mailing list, 15% off for Unlimited subscribers and 5% for everyone else. The code is not valid on EBs or preorders.
Says ‘Happy Payday’. I was interpreting the post as being some Bank Holiday special, but I’m not going to complain (They can do it every month!)

Obviously the downside is that we probably all stacked up our orders on the Easter discounts, so there’s probably not so much that we wanted left to get.

Edit; and no EB or PreOrders?
Pretty much nukes an already short list.

Geez, I just ordered seven of their Collector's Editions during their Spring Sale along with free international shipping, and received the five in-stock CE's in the mail just a few days ago - how much more do they want me to buy, Lol! I don't really need anything else from them right now, and without the free shipping, I'll have to pass until their next big sale. Hate to see a 15% coupon go to waste, though... :(

AL just sent out discount codes for the weekend to everyone on the mailing list, 15% off for Unlimited subscribers and 5% for everyone else. The code is not valid on EBs or preorders.

Early birds I can understand, as they are already discounted, but not allowing them to be used for pre-orders kinda makes the codes rather pointless.

I mean the prices are outrageous and I feel kind of bad that it looks like they are just relying on uninformed people buying from them.

MHA S1-3 £44 on Amazon vs £112 from AL.

I'm not sure if there is such a thing as "ethical" pricing but this certainly does not feel right.
I'd say the only time pricing at the retailer end could be considered unethical is if they exceed an item's RRP. The item you mentioned has an RRP of £130, for example, so AL have still discounted it, but not by nearly as much as other retailers. I'm certainly not saying it's a good price, but it's more a reflection of the eyebrow-raising RRP than anything on AL's end.

I'd say the only time pricing at the retailer end could be considered unethical is if they exceed an item's RRP. The item you mentioned has an RRP of £130, for example, so AL have still discounted it, but not by nearly as much as other retailers. I'm certainly not saying it's a good price, but it's more a reflection of the eyebrow-raising RRP than anything on AL's end.
I did a little search, and it’s £64 on Az (and £69 at AoL), so that £44 is a little of the cheaper / promotional example than the norm. But we do know that Anime sets are something that you shop around for, and occasionally find good prices.

I’m not saying that AL being almost double the price is particularly good / acceptable, but it’s a bit less extreme than it first appears.

However, I can’t disagree with the original comments, partly because I know from experience that AL isn’t even price competitive on their own products outside of promotional periods, and charging at the high end for everything does seem a little insulting.
I think they’ve said before of their own srp numbers that they don’t expect retailers to charge anything like those prices, with offers and promotions bringing it down further.

BD-cases but A4 artbook? So this artbook will be not put inside of this box? How it works?

Probably the same way Eureka Seven and Wolf's Rain UEs did - big disposable box with everything inside, but the book is separate to the blu-ray slipcase.

Probably the same way Eureka Seven and Wolf's Rain UEs did - big disposable box with everything inside, but the book is separate to the blu-ray slipcase.
Both the E7 and WR sets came with a rolled poster in the box as well.
I‘m not a particular fan of the mini-posters, but if it turns out to be the same (outer) box, then that’s even more wasted space.
Indont see any other way of packing an A4 book in though*.

*could really annoy people by packing two disc cases side-by-side in an A4 outer sleeve!

Anime Limited's May 2023 news has been revealed.

Two films and one series (plus vinyl stuff) for the early birds.

Some decent titles, enjoyed The House of the Lost on the Cape but I can wait on it, if I am to pre-order one it will be Princess Jellyfish as I've always wanted to check out that series.

oooh Jellyfish, I love the manga but have never got around to the anime (adds yet another to the ever growing wishlist)

Back