Anime Limited announces partnership with Wakanim.tv

The question is if they are absolutely sure. That's the way I'm reading their Premium FAQ, but maybe they'll get full download to own rights on every title they get from now on, not counting Kill La Kill. They really need to clarify and fully translate their site.

Hi all,

Seeing the feedback on the site and as it's still beta we're working on making it into something worthwhile!

To answer - for premium, even Kill la Kill isn't off the table for DTO without DRM. I'm just negotiating on that now seeing people's feedback and feelings on the topic. Honestly I do not know of any titles to date that require Adobe Air to run the 1080 versions.

I'll be completely honest with everyone here - the reason the translations of the FAQs are so vague as is because last Tuesday a very close member of my family died. Combine that with pulling off Scotland Loves Anime AND planning funeral, MCM Expo and just generally managing living it's been difficult to get this focussed on.

I'm gradually getting back into focus and the whole reason I wanted to work with someone like Wakanim is the belief in an lean startup system. We're not a Goliath with 200 layers of approval - we're here and able to move quickly to fix things. I'm invested in doing so and I hope people come along for the trip.

Keep the feedback coming folks, will definitely be paying attention to it and fully expect there to be hiccups along the way. We'll be right there doing our best to help Wakanim correct them :).

Best,

Andrew,
Anime Limited

I'm sorry for your loss Andrew.

It's always amazed me how you appear to constantly keep yourself so busy, and I can't imagine what it must personally be like for this to happen at such an exciting and busy time, both for yourself and fans. The fact that you've felt the need to come forward and reply to a few minor grumbles 24 hours after launching the site also shows your dedication and passion. I certainly do admire that.

We all appreciate the work you do, and how active you are in communicating with both the masses and smaller groups. Just don't overwork yourself!

P.S. I'll definitely be coming over to the booth to see what you've got going on at the Expo this weekend, and I'm also excited to hear what you've been licensing.

Not to understate the loss of a loved one (or the importance of your other businesses obligations) but one would have liked to have hopped that there was at least a second person who, in case of such an emergency, could have worked on the site.

Honestly, had you explained the situation like above, I'm sure everyone would've been absolutely fine with a small delay.

Though, given Flamenco is no great shakes, you might want to start shaking Aniplex down for those DTO rights just a bit more vigorously. Just IMHO.

ConanThe3rd said:
Not to understate the loss of a loved one (or the importance of your other businesses obligations) but one would have liked to have hopped that there was at least a second person who, in case of such an emergency, could have worked on the site.

Honestly, had you explained the situation like above, I'm sure everyone would've been absolutely fine with a small delay.

Though, given Flamenco is no great shakes, you might want to start shaking Aniplex down for those DTO rights just a bit more vigorously. Just IMHO.

Thanks for the understanding there - to be honest it just wasn't expected. I had to transfer a lot of things to the rest of my team too - I left Scotland Loves Anime in Glasgow after 1 day to rush back to where I grew up (Stranraer, if anyone is curious) to be there so that, MCM Expo and production were the key things people rushed to deal with.

Picking up again and training others in what needs done though to help go onwards from here though :).

Re KLK / SF - I'm enjoying Samurai Flamenco but I definitely agree so I'm hoping to have some good news soon on that frontier. I'm very much enjoying KLK anyway! Besides that I disagree with streaming only too.

AP

Number of Credits bought - Cost of these credits - Cost/credit (rounded to 2dp)

1 - £1.99 - £1.99*
2 - £1.99 - 99.5p
3 - £2.59 - 86.33p
4 - £3.39 - 84.75p
5 - £3.79 - 75.8p
6 - £4.24 - 70.67p
7 - £4.89 - 69.86p
8 - £5.49 - 68.63p
9 - £6.14 - 68.22p
10 -£6.79 - 67.9p
11 -£7.39 - 67.18p
12 -£8.04 - 67p
13 -£8.69 - 66.85p

*note: you get 2 credits for this, but there is no option for buying 1 at a time, so if you really only want 1 then this is what you have to pay for it.

As you can see, the price increase between 3 and 4 credits is, for some reason, considerably larger than the other increases. 4 is also the default amount to buy at once, but unless you are sure that you want exactly 4 credits, you get a considerably better deal from getting 5 or 6 rather than 4. Beyond that the marginal benefit drops away as the increase for the extra price settles down at 60-65p each. There is still a benefit, though, so if you know you're wanting to buy in bulk then it is worth your while to do so.

1 credit = 30 days access to an episode for download/one stream of an episode after the free period ends
2 credits = permanent download of an episode (for certain series only)

Back