Anime Limited announces (again)

Peachy

Bumpkin
Anime Limited license Early Shinkai Anime

"Pleased to announce (and confirm for those at the GYFF) that we have licensed Makoto Shinkai's earlier works - The Place Promised to Us in our Early Days and Voices of a Distant Star."

"Blu-ray confirmed and we'll have more details soon including a blog post on it - for now a trailer. "

"Also added into the mix is a sweet little piece called "Travelling Daru" - a short prepared by a lot of the team involved in The Children Who Chase Lost Voices."

- http://www.facebook.com/alltheanime

YES YES YES YES

Anime Ltd is wanting me to give them my money, and I'm more than happy to oblige.

EDIT: If Andrew can get these for BD why can't Jerome get 5CM Per Second?

Fantastic news and including Traveling Daru is awesome,it might only be 10 mins long but by god it is one of the sweetest and most touching pieces of animation you,ll see,great little bonus. :D

Mangaranga said:
YES YES YES YES

Anime Ltd is wanting me to give them my money, and I'm more than happy to oblige.

<3!

Mangaranga said:

It's not his fault - there are some pretty good reasons it isn't out in the UK just now. I know very well that he'd like nothing more than release it on Blu-ray so fingers crossed it happens at some point :).

Andrew

Definite purchase :) cant wait to start seeing what these releases will look like, Andrew, chronologically speaking, when can we expect your first releases?

britguy said:
Definite purchase :) cant wait to start seeing what these releases will look like, Andrew, chronologically speaking, when can we expect your first releases?
I logged in to ask this exact same question, when the page refreshed you had already beat me to it. But yeah, this^
Oh I may as well ask this too, is the name going to be changing or are you settling on Anime Limited?

kaze_andrew said:
Mangaranga said:

It's not his fault - there are some pretty good reasons it isn't out in the UK just now. I know very well that he'd like nothing more than release it on Blu-ray so fingers crossed it happens at some point :).

Andrew

We've said this before, but it pretty much boils down to the rights holder saying "no" when asked if Manga could release 5CPS on Blu-ray. Believe me, we all want this to come to Blu-ray, but at the end of the day until that stance changes nothing that can be done.

Jeremy_Graves said:
Believe me, we all want this to come to Blu-ray

Believe me I don't, actual I really don't care. I've seen 5 Centimeters per Second and I thought it was tedious. The main characters moping about, the main male acting all emo, I thought he was going to top him self near the end. That's an hour of my life I won't get back.

Emulsion said:
Jeremy_Graves said:

Believe me I don't, actual I really don't care. I've seen 5 Centimeters per Second and I thought it was tedious. The main characters moping about, the main male acting all emo, I thought he was going to top him self near the end. That's an hour of my life I won't get back.
Moreso for the eye candy than anything else. By all means I didn't think 5cm was bad, I would love to own it on Bluray.
It's a shame though that if it ever does come out here I'm 99% sure it won't have the ADV dub which is the one I watched.

Great news, thanks! Another double dip for me.
If you can add to the package the old shorts by Shinkai then this would become a TOTAL EPIC WIN.

Teo

So much of my money will be going to andrew that I might as well just give him free access to my bank account at this rate. Pure awesomeness.

I will get both day one for sure. Nice to see these good movies back on tracker in the UK though im getting a bit worried since all the releases announced, all of them are re-releases if im not mistaken, besides 009 Re:Cyborg.

Hope to see something new soon and it can be something that is already in the US, as long as its the first time in the UK.

Makoto Shinkai early works to be re-released in Blu-ray

Anime Limited announced earlier today the release of Makoto Shinkai first 2 films <b>Voices of a Distant Star</b> and <b>The Place Promised in our Early Days</b>
"Pleased to announce (and confirm for those at the GYFF) that we have licensed Makoto Shinkai's earlier works - The Place Promised to Us in our Early Days and Voices of a Distant Star.

Blu-ray confirmed and we'll have more details soon including a blog post on it - for now a trailer.

Hit like if you fancy a nice HD release ;)!"

"Also added into the mix is a sweet little piece called "Travelling Daru" - a short prepared by a lot of the team involved in The Children Who Chase Lost Voices.

We'll be including this with our release too - which adds something new to the announcement!"

From Anime Limited Facebook page

Re: Makoto Shinkai early works to be re-released in Blu-ray

Shinkai on Bluray..... ;-;

/tears of joy

edit: it occurred to me that some may wonder why I post like this.... the reason is that when I post a news to the main website, it gets linked to the forums in a new thread, then I just move the posts to the existing thread and get this weird, all matter of fact kinda posts....

Emulsion said:
Jeremy_Graves said:

Mate, name one movie he's so far released that isn't like this? It's all he wants to do and said so himself. He must have got dumped, or shot down by some girl in his past and he still hasn't gotten over it. "Dude sometimes love hurts", yeah we get it! Now move on. :roll:

Mohawk52 said:
Mate, name one movie he's so far released that isn't like this? It's all he wants to do and said so himself. He must have got dumped, or shot down by some girl in his past and he still hasn't gotten over it. "Dude sometimes love hurts", yeah we get it! Now move on. :roll:
Children who chase lost voices.
Less moping more chasing the vain hope of resurrecting the dead.
Way more: get over it, Ghibli style adventure story time.

Back