Anime like GITS/Psycho-Pass

bakum4tsu

Pokémon Master
Can anyone tell me if there are more anime out there with the same genre/visuals like Gits or Psycho-Pass. I am really enjoying PP at the moment and the story its getting better and better and its been ages since i saw a show with these dark visuals. Well Mardock Scramble has the same style/ambient.

Can anyone share some names?

I think the word you're looking for is "cyberpunk", but there's much debate over what does and does not fit into that category. I could have sworn we had some sort of discussion on cyberpunk series not so long ago, but I don't know what's happened to that thread.

At any rate, Ergo Proxy is probably the closest thing you'd get to GitS/PP at the moment, although personally I found it a bit too gloomy and meditative for my liking.

Cyber City Oedo and Bubblegum Crisis certainly have the look, but they're really more action-focused than any sort of deep exploration into cyberpunk themes.

Thanks for the reply. Yeah you might call it cyber punk i guess, im not sure.

Already watched Ergo a long time ago but I dont remember that well so i might rewatch soon.

Regarding the other too, im going to watch Cyber City Oedo soon since i have it here.

Bublegum crisis, Apleseed, Battle Angel Alita, Silent Mobius....
All of these have sort of the same atmosphere, but are more action focused.

MAL Recommendations

Eureka Seven, Darker than Black, Code:Breaker, Texhnolyze, Vexille: 2077 Japan National Isolation, Armitage: Dual-Matrix, Appleseed, Akira....

As much as MAL can throw up a few interesting suggestions now and again, I wouldn't place too much faith in it. Frankly, I feel Eureka 7 and GitS have about as much in common as chalk and cheese...

Professor Irony said:
As much as MAL can throw up a few interesting suggestions now and again, I wouldn't place too much faith in it. Frankly, I feel Eureka 7 and GitS have about as much in common as chalk and cheese...

Oh no I understand that, but I find it useful myself as it makes me aware of anime's I've never even heard of before. So thought it may be worth posting the list for that sort of reason.

Back