Anime Hunt

Ian Wolf

Harem King
AUKN Staff
The object of this game is simple. All you have to do is name something that you think you cannot find in an anime or manga. The other posters have to try and prove you wrong by finding an anime or manga which mentions said thing. Ideally you should post a link to it to prove you are right.

I'll get the ball rolling. I challenge anyone to find an anime or manga which mentions cricket (the sport, not the insect).

Ian Wolf said:
Otaku-san said:
Discworld

A manga Discworld? Hmm... I've seen Western Graphic novels but not manga. There might be some fan work done.

Now that you mention it, I think I've seen the cover of a doujinshi featuring a turtle/elephant world something like Great A'Tuin, but it wasn't the main focus of the book. Probably as close as you'd get :(

I know this thread is pretty old, but going back to my original post I've since come across a manga that does mention cricket. It appears in the more recent volumes of Black Butler, in a story set in a public school where Ciel takes part in a cricket tournament.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd be interested to know; does anyone off the top of their head have a list of anime where one or more of the characters have British accents in the English dub?

Steamboy also has a dub with British accents, but I'm not sure how many of the actors are British.

Side note: I'd love a British dub for Victorian Romance Emma.

Back